OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rick Reilly:

“A couple of years ago, a buddy said he left two Buffs tickets on his desk at work and somebody broke in overnight and left two more,” Reilly wrote, going on to note that Colorado lost to Minnesota by 42 points in 2022. “Most schools could start the faculty against Minnesota and not lose by 42 points.”

Every game?

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.jpg
Both Utah games last year? Which game am I missing the vaunted USC defense under Grinch?

All funny jokes.

I have not watched a USC (or Pac-12) game in the last 20 years, but I do know that nako xl nako xl talks about the Utah Utes like they're the 1985 Chicago Bears.
Judging from the game day threads, since Ohio State, you hadn't stuck around to watch the 2nd half of any Miami games either. Glad to have you back Ibis. (Since LSU? FIU? Clemson? Middle Tennessee?)

It was the 35 year old Mormons back from their mission.

25* year olds. TCU had a ton of upperclassmen on their 2022 team too, so I thought if anyone, you'd understand. Or is experience not the excuse Michigan fans are going with anymore?

Both Utah games last year? Which game am I missing the vaunted USC defense under Grinch?

My bad. I know that was a rhetorical question from you, but maybe you could break it down for me? Where can we get better on D after these first 3 games against nobodies? I say "we" because you're a trojan fan too.

Judging from the game day threads, since Ohio State, you hadn't stuck around to watch the 2nd half of any Miami games either. Glad to have you back Ibis.

I have been a loyal Canes season ticket holder all this time. Cell service and wifi at the stadium isn't great.

That said, I forgive you for not knowing this because the Trojans haven't been invited to the Orange Bowl since 2005.

All funny jokes.

Judging from the game day threads, since Ohio State, you hadn't stuck around to watch the 2nd half of any Miami games either. Glad to have you back Ibis. (Since LSU? FIU? Clemson? Middle Tennessee?)

25* year olds. TCU had a ton of upperclassmen on their 2022 team too, so I thought if anyone, you'd understand. Or is experience not the excuse Michigan fans are going with anymore?

My bad. I know that was a rhetorical question from you, but maybe you could break it down for me? Where can we get better on D after these first 3 games against nobodies? I say "we" because you're a trojan fan too.
Ditch Grinch and the scheme before it's too late. I readily agree that it might already be too late but it makes me angry watching a generational talent in Caleb get wasted because the defense under Grinch has been terrible. My beef with Grinch goes back to the OU days when that defense was bad and yet Lincoln wanted to bring him with him to SC.

We (you, me, Casper and Tupac) all agreed Grinch needed to go after the Tulane game but here we are. This is a title contending team with Caleb but Grinch and his scheme will be the cause of this squad not getting a chance.

Thread turning so weird man and it’s only week 2 :smh:

Anyway, B1G vs ACC this weekend. 6 matchups. Who you guys picking?

Virginia vs Maryland
Louisville
vs Indiana
Duke vs Northwestern
North Carolina vs Minnesota
Va Tech vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue

Milroe SZN over already. It's going to be interesting to see how this impact the rest of their offense. Buchner is (likely) a more accurate and more consistent passer but Milroe's legs were a big part of their rushing offense, something that Buchner doesn't provide.

This reeks of desperation from Bama. Milroe didn't play great but he didn't play so terribly that I think he needs to be benched. It's not like anything we've seen from Buchner is any better. It seems like this is change just for change's sake

Milroe is being used as the scapegoat for that Texas L and Saban is following the crowd by replacing him with that slow MF. If you replace Milroe then you have to replace that entire o line starting with the center that can't snap the ball and then replace that secondary after they got torched all game. If he loses his spot then he should transfer like another talented black dual threat QB did.

With that being said, I'm fully embracing the impact Coach Prime is having on the FBS level. As a proud HBCU fan, I love that he's whooping *** with mostly former HBCU players and a nice mix of former HBCU coaches. I hated him for leaving Thee I love, but I now somewhat see a method to his madness. He's showing that those type of athletes can actually compete on a higher level when given proper funding. I don't see him winning every game, but he will definitely have a positive record.

Virginia vs Maryland
Louisville
vs Indiana
Duke vs Northwestern
Va Tech vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue
Agree with everything except the last pick. I’ll take ‘Cuse over Purdue. Purdue lost at home to Fresno State who survived an OT scare against FCS Eastern Washington.

Milroe is being used as the scapegoat for that Texas L and Saban is following the crowd by replacing him with that slow MF. If you replace Milroe then you have to replace that entire o line starting with the center that can't snap the ball and then replace that secondary after they got torched all game. If he loses his spot then he should transfer like another talented black dual threat QB did.

With that being said, I'm fully embracing the impact Coach Prime is having on the FBS level. As a proud HBCU fan, I love that he's whooping *** with mostly former HBCU players and a nice mix of former HBCU coaches. I hated him for leaving Thee I love, but I now somewhat see a method to his madness. He's showing that those type of athletes can actually compete on a higher level when given proper funding. I don't see him winning every game, but he will definitely have a positive record.
Buchner isn't slow... He's a run first QB too.

Virginia vs Maryland
Louisville
vs Indiana
Duke vs Northwestern
Va Tech vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue

Is Rutgers decent again? Feel like they haven’t been relevant since Schiano’s first stint

Virginia vs Maryland
Louisville
vs Indiana
Duke vs Northwestern
Va Tech vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs Purdue

Purdue is cheeks this year, I think Syracuse wins.

All funny jokes.

Only lames make that excuse, especially considering one of our team captains is a 6th year COVID guy. They played like **** and lost to an inferior team, no reason to make any excuses.

Your fanbase acts like those kids spend those two years in a hyperbolic time chamber rather than being in a third world country.

Whatever advantage they have by being closer to physical maturity; the talent advantage still outweighs that.

Back
Top Bottom