OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Billy Napier and staff’s incompetence on the recruiting trail is pretty impressive. Looking like they’re going to lose Adarius Hayes, Xavier Filsaime, Amare Williams and I saw they have a WR visiting TAMU as well. The bags they gave to LJ McCray and DJ Lagway must just be massive because it’s fairly obvious that it’s a when, not if he’ll be fired at this point. I’m betting on midseason next year.
Was FSU recruiting better than this in early Norvell? ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis

I don't understand commitments like these. Is this the best situation that Julian could get? There are plenty of teams with better passing offenses that were interested, why go to Penn State? Are they offering him that much money?

He is a PA kid, and that combined with the opportunity to be the focal point of that passing game I’m sure was enticing.

I don't understand commitments like these. Is this the best situation that Julian could get? There are plenty of teams with better passing offenses that were interested, why go to Penn State? Are they offering him that much money?

He’d be the #1 there and they just hired a new OC so there’s the fresh coaching change promise. Plus NIL. Fleming isn’t going to be a high draft pick if he’s drafted at all so he has to cash in as much as possible now.

Edit

Just saw Bobby Layne Bobby Layne said basically the same thing.

Any of the afternoon games worth watching tomorrow? I'll be at my parents place and they don't have nfl network.

Nah, they were trash. But that staff just doesn’t have elite recruiters IMO. Miami out recruiting them in a season where they went 13-0.

It's going to be interesting to see how FSU does in the coming years. They've been the only team to sustain success by hitting the portal. FSU has not only gotten solid contributors, but legitimate star players out of the portal year after year (Jermaine Johnson, keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, Jordan Travis, Jared Verse).

Will Norvell be able to continue to have success with the current model of good, but not elite, recruiting and just keep plucking stars out of the portal? It also helps that FSU plays in the ACC so there aren't that many teams with top 25 talent.

Fleming had like 270 yards receiving this year and 0 TDs. PSU is a great place for him to go so he can be the focal point

N41D N41D I hate how quiet you are. Stop downplaying the hype coming out of CS right now. I saw Pate talking about how great your WR room is.

Come brag and tell us lies!

They should hire the D2 guy from Harding. A lot of the option guys say the flexbone is dead because of the new rules but he’s a game away from winning a NC with it.

Back
Top Bottom