OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should add, since NIL became a regular thing a lot of these top kids have lawyers and advisors etc. A kid like Caleb who already has a team negotiating deals for him with major corporations doesn’t need a sports agent. He has lawyers who already go over every contract he does and the rookie deals are pretty much pre-set on a step system anyway. The bad mouthing comes from agents who aren’t getting a cut and media folks and teams that have a pre-existing relationship with those agents. N41D N41D

Also witnesskb24 witnesskb24 it looks like Caleb was measured at the combine but isn’t doing the invasive medical tests there. As someone else said he’s going to do it for the teams who elect to meet with him.

Manziel has morals and values now :lol:

I wouldn’t be shocked if more recent winners take this same stance as they should

Last edited:
I should add, since NIL became a regular thing a lot of these top kids have lawyers and advisors etc. A kid like Caleb who already has a team negotiating deals for him with major corporations doesn’t need a sports agent. He has lawyers who already go over every contract he does and the rookie deals are pretty much pre-set on a step system anyway. The bad mouthing comes from agents who aren’t getting a cut and media folks and teams that have a pre-existing relationship with those agents. N41D N41D

Also witnesskb24 witnesskb24 it looks like Caleb was measured at the combine but isn’t doing the invasive medical tests there. As someone else said he’s going to do it for the teams who elect to meet with him.

That makes sense. I hope he doesn’t end up in Chicago man

IMG_4281.jpeg

Caleb is going to be the number 1 pick. He has zero incentive to participate in much of anything with anyone outside of teams who seriously have interest in trading up tbh. If I were him, my pro day would be short if he’s even going to do one.

Exactly. Similar to when Deion Sanders said he wasn’t interviewing with the Giants because they were drafting out of the top 10 :lol:

The most predictable thing in the world is happening. NFL people who have never watched a moment of Joe Milton in his 5-year college football career are enamored with his arm strength.

Last edited:
The most predictable thing in the world is happening. NFL people who have never watched a moment of Joe Milton in his 5-year college football career are enamored with his arm strength.

Aren’t they just pointing out that he’s having a good workout? :lol: Are they supposed to bring up his career instead in this moment?

Is the combine a public event? I don't remember there being so many people present in the past.

Caleb is going to be the number 1 pick. He has zero incentive to participate in much of anything with anyone outside of teams who seriously have interest in trading up tbh. If I were him, my pro day would be short if he’s even going to do one.
If I were him my pro day would be focused on selling merchandise that I sponsor and possibly conspiracy theories

So frustrating that this will probably never get the coverage it should :smh: It would be awesome to see a negative pitch against that but the question is how much do recruits factor that in when choosing a school? We already got these kids going into racist states like Mississippi and Alabama because the teams are successful

Kirby Smart Warrior for Academic Equity sounds great but if he’s going 7-5 every year and the coach of these other schools that get rid of DEI are making playoff appearances, it’s going to be hard to convince the recruits

(Obviously this isn’t the case for Kirby, but insert whatever coach there that fits the suggestion)

It would be awesome to see a negative pitch against that but the question is how much do recruits factor that in when choosing a school?
The shortest, easiest answer is they don't.

Reality is all these kids would spend three or four years in hell if it paid great NIL money and they thought it put them in the best possible position to get drafted for the real payday.

Back
Top Bottom