OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s crazy how much success a Portuguese managers have had in Brasil. Breaking records. Jorge Jesus now Abel.

He’s contract is up they’re trying to extend him but I think he’s leaving without a doubt. He’s on his way back to Europe. Where? Idk.

1701842569758.png

Would love to know how this is influenced by streaming services.

EPL is played on USA and NBC and they are part of cable subscriptions here in the states. Peacock is extra but i don't pay for that. I do have a paramount subscription and watch Serie A. But i don't know anyone else that has that. I don't have ESPN+ so i rarely watch la liga. Something tells me most americans just have regular cable and it allows them EPL coverage and thats about it. (not counting MLS which is played on ESPN regular i think?)

The EPL has had a strong presence on TV for a while now. Even before NBC got the rights, you could find matches. La Liga and Serie A was much harder to find. Bundesliga was only on GolTV and the quality was trash :lol:. But now, being on regular cable certainly makes a big difference. It’s consistent exposure. As well as pre and post game coverage. Once I started traveling for work, cord cutting was the best option for me so I have Peacock, Paramount and ESPN. But I can’t tell you what they are doing to gain more fans. I will say this tho, when NBC has these EPL events in Florida, it gets attention from casual fans and non-fans, it’s a great concept. I know on basic cable LigaMX was showing games, I couldn’t tell you if they’re on streaming but I know they have strong viewership. I’m not sure what MLS games are being televised expect for major matches and local broadcast matches. I know YES and MSG would play matches for the NY clubs. But I really don’t know how it is now since Apple acquired rights.
ESPN does show ads for La Liga and Bundesliga during there college games but they aren’t going to get airtime over college games. So I can see why viewership hasn’t really grown like that. I don’t think it’s going to change anytime soon

At least they'll look nice getting relegated

Was thinking the same ****, it’s the highlight of their season. They look fly. They will lose while looking nice :lol: :smh:
Yea it's a good cause and looks better than the regular paramount logo, just reminds me of movie tie-in kits back in the day :lol:
Man I forgot about those tie-kits. They really need start doing that more again.

Been doing FIFA forever but first season to get into UT based on seeing all of your screenshots. I do one playable squad and basically everything else is just SBC fodder. I refuse to actually pay for digital currency and don’t do PS online, so this is just squad battles and self-contained challenges. Puts a hamper on most recent Evolutions.

Pretty fun, I have to say.

Was ecstatic to pack Thunderstruck Icon Xabi Alonso. My favorite player ever.
IMG_7305.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom