OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Leverkusens run comparable to Leicester in 2015?
I believe Leicesters was way more impactful. They’d had only been in the EPL for a couple years and won league at 5,000-1. That’s insane.

B04 have always been a good midtable team. Produced top level talent and made good runs into top 4-5 in bundesliga.

They just got a good team and had a great run at the right time.

IMG_5198.jpeg

Well..

Damn…

I mean, I’m not even trying to say that as a shock comment. You know I used to like Barça back in the day, so it’s really embarrassing to see how third rate the mentality has become. It honestly feels like supporting a Trump type of club every time Laporta, Xavi, and the boomer socios open their mouths.

-Every single time they lose, Xavi comes out with the “We played better and deserved to win” nonsense. This was annoying back in the day too, but at least back then this excuse was used when they lost 1-0 after having 90% possession, 20 shots on goal, hitting the post all match, etc. Now they regularly let in 4+ goals and talk about how they played better.

Look, if your players are making mental mistakes 3-4 times a match…you were NOT the better club. Can’t believe this has to be explained.

-Blaming the refs every match, and having the audacity to accuse other clubs while having the Negreira scandal over Barça’s head. Every big club gets beneficial calls; you can’t single out times missed calls but forget all the times referees called extremely soft penalties in your favor or didn’t call anything against you.

I won’t go into a history lesson, but as a recent example, the Aurajo penalty against PSG is something he gets away with in La Liga. His mistake was trying that in the UCL.

It’s annoying coming from Madrid when they put out anti ref videos too-no need to stoop to that level.

-I’ve never seen fans who latch onto former players and managers so hard and live vicariously through them. Maybe Manchester United fans through Ronaldo back in the day :lol: Barça fans worship Manchester City even though Pep couldn’t stand to manage the club anymore, and they got their feelings hurt when PSG ultras dared to criticize Messi. Look at how happy they were when PSG lost recently; you’d honestly think that PSG were their rivals, not Real Madrid.

I don’t even need to bring up how they stalk Ronaldo’s performances in Saudi Arabia while Real Madrid hardly care what Ronaldo and Messi are up to in their irrelevant leagues.

Embarrassing, like obsessing over exes who dumped you years ago.

Didn’t mean to write an essay, just wanted to explain that I didn’t mean to make a post for some cheap likes. I genuinely wanted the club to do well, but their behavior just makes it extremely hard for me to be a fan.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen fans who latch onto former players and managers so hard and live vicariously through them. :lol: Barça fans worship Manchester City even though Pep couldn’t stand to manage the club anymore, and they got their feelings hurt when PSG ultras dared to criticize Messi. Look at how happy they were when PSG lost recently; you’d honestly think that PSG were their rivals, not Real Madrid.

I don’t even need to bring up how they stalk Ronaldo’s performances in Saudi Arabia while Real Madrid hardly care what Ronaldo and Messi are up to in their irrelevant leagues.

DAMN (again) :lol:

I will say the best Mexican food I had in my Euro travels was a spot in Krakow. Went back multiple times to get my homeland fix

A lot of smoke about Florian Wirtz being the chosen target for RM 2025. I’m buying they’ll court him. And if Xabi takes the helm then it could only help.

He’ll have the first statue outside the Parc (or new Parc) soon.

Good luck to him man.
Why? No way with the money spent his time cant be looked at as a complete failure.. they didnt bring him in to win leagues.. they were already doing this

Why? No way with the money spent his time cant be looked at as a complete failure.. they didnt bring him in to win leagues.. they were already doing this

He stayed at the club longer than the fans ever thought he would. He tried. Was a good professional. Good servant of the club. That France WC win in 2018 will also play a part.

PSG fans should be happy a player of Mbappé's stature played so many years for them. All while Mbappé knows damn well that the rest of the world thinks he's just wasting precious years at PSG.

PSG fans should be happy a player of Mbappé's stature played so many years for them. All while Mbappé knows damn well that the rest of the world thinks he's just wasting precious years at PSG.

To be fair to PSG they always surrounded him with elite talent and they managed to reach a UCL final, which is the biggest stage in club football. Hard to say those years were “wasted.”

Not really, they surrounded him with expensive talent flawed talent, the best Forward he played with Neymar, was injured half the time, the best midfielders he played Verratti? (A low IQ player), maybe Vithna this season, best defender Marqinhos? None of the those fullbacks could ever defend

Not really, they surrounded him with expensive talent flawed talent, the best Forward he played with Neymar, was injured half the time, the best midfielders he played Verratti? (A low IQ player), maybe Vithna this season, best defender Marqinhos? None of the those fullbacks could ever defend

We can split hairs but a player isn’t “wasting away” when he’s at a globally recognized club winning domestic trophies annually and consistently playing in the biggest matches in the knockout stages of the UCL.

Basically if you haven’t played for Madrid, Manchester City, Bayern, Liverpool, or Chelsea in the past decade, you’ve been a failure. OK :rolleyes

Belgium Belgium if that’s the case, every single talented player should’ve ditched Tottenham years ago for never winning anything in decades. Kane was an idiot for wasting his prime there . Or is the situation different because of some imaginary morally superior “We aren’t state owned” trophy? :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom