OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn’t imagine being a Barca supporter and be in here with your chest poked out talking about overrated players considering how much money you’ve blown on…. overrated players. But I guess you are better cuz you didn’t spend it on English blokes smh
my point still stands strong
english players are wildly overrated by english blokes.

we really need to bring out carragher quotes?

English players being overrated might have been true in the past but certainly not anymore. Easily produce as much talent per capita than any country in the world bar France/
/Portugal at the moment.

Enough English players going into others leagues and performing at high levels kinds of quashes that narrative.

Their are flops from every country. Getting bought for more money then they are deserving has nothing to do with the depth of talent. It has to do with England being the financial center of Europe and lapping these other countries as the sport increasingly becomes influenced by globalism which results in further Anglicization.

I just watched Antony/Richarlison get World Cup minutes for Brazil…

Joao Félix flopped are Portugese player overrated?

Dembele flopped at Barca and so did Griezmann, are French players overrated?

I’d say Portugal and French have more elite talent at the moment and Portugal is leading per capita, but I’d say England has the most depth of any country in the world right now.

So many talents who will never even sniff the national team.

I’m sorry but no.

These guys are still being sold for €80-100m everytime and flopping.

That’s the true definition of overrated.
barring one or two, most of those top transfers have been flops though.. not just the English .. that fee weighs on people

Meh people can say all they want about Eden Hazard being overrated. All good man

To me, Eden is one of the best. One of my all time favorite athletes. Nothing changes

He always played with positive attitudes while being battered and bruised every week. Of course, he disappeared in big games sometimes. Of course, he had some bad seasons. He could have left Chelsea before he hit late 20s many times where the club had a lot of problems. But nah, he stayed until the club finally let him go

Since Eden entered PL, he had the most foul draws, the most successful dribbles and helped the club to win many trophies. His goals and assists were impressive for a guy who admitted he loves dribbling than scoring :lol: So yeah, I'll take it anytime

He's from Belgium. A country that didn't have a culture of the top footballers in the world for a long time. I think that's incredible

Man City's academy is the greatest FFP offset in football.

£45m for Cole Palmer
£20m for Carlos Borges
£15m for Shea Charles.

Basically if the palmer move goes through, Gvardiol cost them nothing in transfer fees.

We're looking at Taylor Harwood Bellis and they want 12-15m for him too

I assume Chelsea don't want the buy back clause in Palmer. It makes sense his fees has to be high tho

20230830_114431.png

The drop in La Liga spending power has been wild to see

Man City's academy is the greatest FFP offset in football.

£45m for Cole Palmer
£20m for Carlos Borges
£15m for Shea Charles.

Basically if the palmer move goes through, Gvardiol cost them nothing in transfer fees.

We're looking at Taylor Harwood Bellis and they want 12-15m for him too

Think he’d be really good for you guys he had a great loan spell with burnley last season just no chance he can get into the first team with the senior centerbacks we have rn.

Palmer tho regardless of how nice the fee would be I want him to stay. If we got Eze I’d be ok with it but since we not I think we should stay but if he doesn’t I get it.

I love clowning on England as much as anyone, but I have to admit that they’ve become stronger in terms of producing talent and fielding competitive national teams. Having the strongest league in the world that brings in the top imports will naturally raise the standards for local talent.
100%, it's fun to joke but they've really made great strides over the last 5-6 years on the international level.

They've been getting deep in major comps at every level, youth and senior, on the men and women's side.

Only a matter of time before they get it together on the men's side imo which think will come with a better coach.

Their football infrastructure and the talent pool isn't going anywhere and will likely continue to improve over time given the vast amounts of money they can afford to invest in those things along with the culture in general. Football is still king there.

On this hazard spectacle, I've heard. Wider audience prefer hazard to salah.

Curious to know the thoughts on that in here..

On this hazard spectacle, I've heard. Wider audience prefer hazard to salah.

Curious to know the thoughts on that in here..
To quote the late great Roger mayweather..
“Most people don’t know **** about boxing Football”

100%, it's fun to joke but they've really made great strides over the last 5-6 years on the international level.

They've been getting deep in major comps at every level, youth and senior, on the men and women's side.

Only a matter of time before they get it together on the men's side imo which think will come with a better coach.

Their football infrastructure and the talent pool isn't going anywhere and will likely continue to improve over time given the vast amounts of money they can afford to invest in those things along with the culture in general. Football is still king there.
The thing is they only arguing this as a need to justify their own clubs who play in different leagues. Next, ya boy will move on to his pep slurping and by giving him sole credit for this improvement.

Salah v hazard isn’t even a question.

Salah is still the best winger in the world and the only player who has a argument against him is Vinicius

Back
Top Bottom