OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3 wins on the bounce heading into the NT Derby and back to back away W's for the first time in a year :pimp:

Sancho with the match winner :pimp:

Lisandro + Varane partnership with another CS.

Casemiro making the rest of the midfielders look a level below :lol:, he's gonna be integral if this team is gonna go anywhere.

Bring on the top of the table boys from North London...

Gonna be a hell of an occasion for Antony's debut.

20220901_172242.jpg
20220901_172258.jpg
20220901_172236.jpg

20220901_172549.jpg

20220901_172730.jpg

Though I’ve no interest in concealing what this user has done, I’d rather not have this saga disrupt any more threads. We banned all the clone accounts, put the user on “house arrest” through the summer, kicked him out of the NBA thread, and put him on probation.

I don’t really see any value in quibbling over the least used of his old sock puppet accounts. If you ask me, that’s not the account name that needs explaining.

Personally, I’d be more interested in trying to ascertain why someone would create a “prison” persona on a message board and then call that character “Hindu daddy.”

It sure looks like a racist trope, and the harm caused by that is in no way negated by pleading ignorant.

Actions have consequences. What he did caused damage to the community, so it is hardly unfair for it to cause lasting damage to his reputation. He has a lot to atone for.

That said, these accounts were used to troll multiple threads, and I don’t want the memory of them to achieve those same disruptive ends.
Thanks for clearing it up. Dude was trying to spin it as something else. With the “if you want to know the real truth” tin hat special.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing it up. Dude was trying to spin it as something else. With the “if you want to know the real truth” tin hat special.
I mean, it could be the case that he named the other account after a “Guns ‘n Roses” song. I’m not familiar with their catalog, to be honest.

That wasn’t really the central issue for me.

As I’m sure nearly everyone here would much rather discuss today’s matches, as per the point of the thread, I’ll leave it at that.

Disappointed it looks like no more signings for arsenal. Really needed backup in the midfield and another winger but it is what it is I guess

yeah once the injuries REALLY pile up we'll be hurting. pray for health until january i guess :lol:

Bernardo on staying

"I'm from Portugal and my culture is a bit different from your culture off the pitch," he said. "I love Manchester and people are really nice here the way they have treated me in the streets, bars, restaurants — it is just a bit different from where I'm from and sometimes you want different things in your life.

"It's nothing to do with how nice the people are here and how good the football club is here, and how happy I am to be staying. It wasn't a tough decision because there were no offers.

"There was one offer from one team, no more than that, so it was quite easy for me and for the club because the only offer that came came quite late so for the club to find a replacement it wouldn't be easy. I'm very happy here as I said and I'm going to do my best.

"It's one of the top three clubs in the world right now probably so I couldn't be better here. It's a club I want to be at and I'm happy."

The fans have always been there for me and from day one the support that they showed me was and is unbelievable and I'm very grateful for that," he said. "They know as well that as long as I'm here I'm going to give my 100 per cent for this club, for them and my teammates.

"There is a big mutual respect between [Guardiola and myself], I've learned so much from him and each day I keep learning. But not just him, the respect I have for my teammates, the fans and the club.

"I'm staying for this season and if I stay here two or three seasons [more] I'm always going to do my best for this club."

Back
Top Bottom