OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this point I feel like putting all our eggs in the Nkunku basket sounds like a bad idea. Sounds crazy to say this after that much money spent, but a #9 is a necessity
The strikers we need won't be available till summer. I wouldn't overspend on another poor striker

The Owner of Botafogo btw is an American from Palm Beach. He’s over there screaming bloody murder in Brazil 😭

This guy btw is trying to buy Benfica…

But I don’t think Portuguese people will allow an American to buy their club after what happened with United, Chelsea, and AC Milan.

isn't he part owner already? i remember seeing todd billy wants to buy a club there too.

they all believe in monopolizing the south america to portugal to the rest of europe pipeline.

6bb7y0nbpxxb1.jpg

I’m not sure what Rodrygo’s best position is. And in our current setup I prefer Joselu to him. I get worried that we’re going to drop points trying to develop Rodrygo that we could have secured starting Joselu instead.

Literally been necessary for years but better late than never. Can change the manager all you want but without a proper club structure in place for them to succeed, you won't get far.

No other top club puts stuff like personnel/recruitment decisions all down to the manager. They typically work in tandem with whoever is the director instead of taking the lead.

Having that structure in place would also help with selling players for fair prices rather than rewarding them with extensions and wages that other clubs won't ever match and being stuck with them for years and years as a result.

Literally been necessary for years but better late than never. Can change the manager all you want but without a proper club structure in place for them to succeed, you won't get far.

No other top club puts stuff like personnel/recruitment decisions all down to the manager. They typically work in tandem with whoever is the director instead of taking the lead.

I agree, there needs to be a complete structure change. With that, Mourinho would have been a success.
With Ten Hag? Don't see it making much of a difference. From man management to tactic, he's not it.

so that’s the style of play you prefer?

The point of the comment wasn't about play style, it was about coaching quality.
Backing Mourinho and backing Ten Hag would not result in the same outcome.
The missing piece of Ten Hag is not backing.

The point of the comment wasn't about play style, it was about coaching quality.
Backing Mourinho and backing Ten Hag would not result in the same outcome.
The missing piece of Ten Hag is not backing.
ok but the very first thing that was listed after important decisions was style of play. also, to use mourinho as an example when he left every club in flames as he walked out the door, doesn’t seem like the manager you would want to save a sinking ship.
he’s been backed tremendously at every club he’s been to.

Back
Top Bottom