Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

On the Mikey v Spence fight, I don't think you can fault Spence not getting the KO. That has more to do with Garcia backpedaling for nearly the entire fight since he was in survival mode. The size difference was pretty obvious and it was clear that Mikey just wanted a payday and did not want to risk any exchanges. Pretty sure he retired shortly thereafter.

Gonna be a good fight night tomorrow :smokin

Fight plan from Teddy Atlas.

He brought up some good points. Errol should
avoid loading up by telegraphing his punches. I've seen him do this in previous fights. Crawford should be able to see that right away and take advantage.

I expect Spence to attack Bud's body early on, but he'll have to be careful of Bud's short punches that could possibly hurt him in he inside. Spence should focus on his strengths such as his jab, and again his body work, and max it out throughout the fight.

One thing I'm thinking Spence could do, but I haven't really seen him do is to go on the inside and make it a little ugly for Crawford, rough him up and make it physical, thus wearing him down. But I haven't really seen anyone do this successfully against Crawford. I think Horn tried to do it, but found out quickly that this guy is not Pac lol.

Crawford is very instinctive and very patient, but in this fight he can't wait too long and potentially lose rounds. He'll need to start working fast. He should come in with the mindset that he needs a KO for sure victory and not leave it in the judges' hands. The judges assigned in this fight, while experienced, are already suspect.

Some other things to consider. Spence has been involved in several car accidents now and has had a detached retina as well. A lot of physical trauma. And he hasn't fought in nearly a year and a half. Ring rust could be a factor in how he performs come fight night. Spence is also known to have to work extra hard to make weight given how big he is.

Crawford on the other hand, has been the more active fighter and seems to stay in the gym, and therefore the weight cut isn't so difficult for him.

I favor Crawford to win by a KO anywhere between the 9-11th round. If Spence does win, it will be via a close controversial decision. I see at least one of the judges incompetently scoring this fight wide or close for a particular fighter.

This board will be active tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend for sure.

In closing, I'm just hoping for a great fight. These two gentlemen have shown themselves to be head and shoulders above everybody else in the division for the past few years. Just like everyone else, I'm glad it's finally happening. I'm expecting the fight to be anywhere from a highly contested chess match to an outright WAR! I'm hoping for the latter.

May everyone be safe and enjoy the fight!

The car accident had me leaning towards Crawford. But then the press conference told a different story

Just hope for a great fight and that it generates the buzz it deserves.

Haney out here running from shakur hate to see it.

Shakur vs tank the only other fight out there with stars in the ring that’s a toss up. Still taking shakur tho

This fight ain’t get promoted that well unfortunately

The car accident had me leaning towards Crawford. But then the press conference told a different story

Spence really doesn't have too much fat , he took his training serious . I think most of us were worried about the car accident.

Haney out here running from shakur hate to see it.

Shakur vs tank the only other fight out there with stars in the ring that’s a toss up. Still taking shakur tho

This fight ain’t get promoted that well unfortunately

He has fought since the car accident. So what makes you say that?

Haney a goof and will get walked by tank. He better go sit down

Back
Top Bottom