Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

Put them on the same card in May if they are going to bs and not make it next
Canelo vs Munguia
Benavidez vs charlo
September
Canelo Benavidez

Andrade’s corner did the right thing. Literally said “don’t send him back out there” at the end. of that round.

David’s showing up and proving that he could be the next one. Deserves the big fights at this point.

The fight went exactly like I said it would. I give canelo all the respect if he actually gives benavidez a shot. I don't see it happening but we will see. He runs over canelo the same way he did Andrade🤷‍♂️

What do you think is the main reason canelo doesn't want to fight benavidez? I'm not going to say he's scared because he fought bivol who's a bigger fighter and had to jump up a weight class... Is it because he doesn't want to lose against another Mexican fighter that might be better than him?

What do you think is the main reason canelo doesn't want to fight benavidez? I'm not going to say he's scared because he fought bivol who's a bigger fighter and had to jump up a weight class... Is it because he doesn't want to lose against another Mexican fighter that might be better than him?

he just doesnt want to lose, period

bivol was a miscalculation on his teams part, since dude was boxing and doesnt have spectacular KOs in his reume, he thought he could beat him plus canelo always benefitted from generous scorecards (got a draw against money) and if bivol took his put off the pedal in the 12th, canelo might have won when it was a clear victory by bivol

you also got to keep in mind, canelo is always on the heavy side, when he was fighting at 154, he came in fight night at 174 so its not really some astonishing feat for him to go fight up in that weight, he probably was 180+ at fight night against bivol, i think he was around that against kovalev

I’m super washed, I literally fell asleep at the beginning of the 2nd round lol. I’m gonna have to rewatch this fight

He might fight at a higher weight, but Bivol isn't a bigger fighter than benavidez on fight night. Also, Word is benavidez was beating bivol up in sparring and made him leave early. Not sure how true it is but thats what I read.

These fighters all know who is who and what is what. Canelo is not a big guy and fighting benavidez who is probably around 200 pounds in the ring is a tall task. Taking that fight will be like passing the torch and hes clearly not ready to do that yet. If he's ever going to fight him, he'd better do it now because father time is undefeated and benavidez is only getting better.

GGG couldn't hurt Canelo and he landed flush in the 1st fight. I don't think Benavidez hurts him even if you think he wins the fight.

Back
Top Bottom