Official 2023 Boxing Thread:Benavidez vs Andrade 11/25 Showtime PPV

What do you think is the main reason canelo doesn't want to fight benavidez? I'm not going to say he's scared because he fought bivol who's a bigger fighter and had to jump up a weight class... Is it because he doesn't want to lose against another Mexican fighter that might be better than him?

In interviews he's aid he didn't want to fight other Mexican fighters. He probably thinks he will win and losing would hinder their careers.

From his interview:
“Represento a México y no me gusta pelear con mexicanos, no le veo sentido. A Jaime Munguía le veo potencial, pero le falta todavía algunas peleas para llegar a esos niveles. No me cierro a nada, pero por ahora no me gustaría”

He says: I represent Mexico, and I don't like to fight against Mexicans, it doesn't make sense to me. I see potential in Jaime Mungia, but he needs a few more fights to reach a higher level. I don't discount anything, but for now I wouldn't like it.

I had a feeling that was the case and read it somewhere thats why I brought it up... would be a great fight if it happens but if not then it is what it is... similar to the other fights I would want but prally wont happen like joshua vs wilder or any of these three fighting each other shakur, haney, tank

In interviews he's aid he didn't want to fight other Mexican fighters. He probably thinks he will win and losing would hinder their careers.

From his interview:
“Represento a México y no me gusta pelear con mexicanos, no le veo sentido. A Jaime Munguía le veo potencial, pero le falta todavía algunas peleas para llegar a esos niveles. No me cierro a nada, pero por ahora no me gustaría”

He says: I represent Mexico, and I don't like to fight against Mexicans, it doesn't make sense to me. I see potential in Jaime Mungia, but he needs a few more fights to reach a higher level. I don't discount anything, but for now I wouldn't like it.
Canelo dont have to worry about that. Benavidez is American of Ecuadorian decent. He not fighting a Mexican.

Hopefully Canelo dont duck Benavidez. His critics will have a field day.. hahahaha!!!

Canelo dont have to worry about that. Benavidez is American of Ecuadorian decent. He not fighting a Mexican.

Hopefully Canelo dont duck Benavidez. His critics will have a field day.. hahahaha!!!
So he must wear this mouthpiece because he likes the colors..

1701117091444.jpeg

GGG couldn't hurt Canelo and he landed flush in the 1st fight. I don't think Benavidez hurts him even if you think he wins the fight.
GGG ain’t damn near 6-3 almost 200 either and age 26 either.
Benavidez will TKO Canelo mark my words

From his interview:

If Canelo is saying that he won't fight Benevidez because he's part Mexican, then Canelo is full of caca.

Benevidez has been straight up calling him out for a while now.

I don't think Canelo wants any part of Benevidez.

GGG ain’t damn near 6-3 almost 200 either and age 26 either.
Benavidez will TKO Canelo mark my words

Bivol was also a big dude and couldn't hurt Canelo. I just don't see it. Would love to see that fight though, so hopefully it happens.

to be fair, bivol doesnt have destructive power like benavidez/beterbiev

and canelo was not able to hurt bivol either and thats why he was able to box and stay on course with his plan

the only way to settle it is to fight each other

Nobody wants to see Shakur on their tv again. Rigondeaux is one of the most boring fighters ever and somehow Stevenson outdid his snoozefest fights.

canelo can just vacate the belt, like when floyd was terrified of a lil pacman

“A belt does not define, Saul el canelo alvarez”
First off, Money never ducked Pac. Pac was on roids and never wanted the testing done.
Canelo dont want it with Benavidez. Too strong, too powerful.

The real matchup should be Benavidez vs Beterbiev. I would pay a grip of cash to watch that.

Nobody wants to see Shakur on their tv again. Rigondeaux is one of the most boring fighters ever and somehow Stevenson outdid his snoozefest fights.
This is a wild take. Man has one non explosive outting and people ready to write him off. This is exactly why we ain’t see him fight Haney or tank bc casual fans write this man off.

Casuals are as much to blame for why fights we wanna see don’t happen.

Shakur still the top guy in this generation just waiting on his chance.

Ryan Garcia ain’t outboxing shakur

This is a wild take. Man has one non explosive outting and people ready to write him off. This is exactly why we ain’t see him fight Haney or tank bc casual fans write this man off.

Casuals are as much to blame for why fights we wanna see don’t happen.

Shakur still the top guy in this generation just waiting on his chance.

Ryan Garcia ain’t outboxing shakur
Nah. I never said he wasn’t the best of his generation, he’s in the conversation. I implied he’s not a PPV star, and he’s not. He was given the opportunity to show why he should be a PPV star and he showed why he shouldn’t be. Thursday night football was over. NBA was done. He had the limelight all to himself and chose to not even open up. Don’t get mad at me for his decision to put on a snoozefest.

people writing Shakur off is non-sense. Dude in time will prove he is the best of his generation. As much as I like KING RYAN, I take Shakur over him.

I don't see anyone beating Shakur, maybe Tank because of the power.

Shakur should have a fan friendly fight for his next bout and just take a knee from an innocuous punch and pretend he's hurt for a round and then do his thing to dominate the rest of the fight.

Also if his team is with it, they can write an inspirational type of speech to say in between rounds to make it more believable. Start establishing that come from behind victory narrative. Fans usually love that.

Make the public/promoters think you're actually vulnerable and frame the victory as a come from behind type and start lining up the big fights. Fans will soak it up and Shakur potentially gets a bigger fan base. It's a win-win imo.

This way, he doesn't end up with a Rigondeaux-type career.

I figured he’d have stayed at 140 for a few fights to get acclimated to the weight before moving up.

He’s writing Regis all the way off though. Better hope the decision to do so doesn’t bite him in the *** next saturday. :lol:

Ryan letting Golden Boy know he doesn’t **** with them right in front of De la Hoya. :lol:

Oscar just standing there shaking his head. :lol:

Bernard standing behind Duarte :lol:

Hella curious as to what his contract looks like because it’s to the point where dude should try to buy himself out. They obviously don’t **** with him and he clearly doesn’t **** with them. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom