Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

^since im not in chi.... (east coast baby!)

already got tix for the cubs vs bmore and cubs vs phils

:D

Last edited:
any word on Ian Happ and how he progressing in the minor leagues?

Well. Should be in Triple A this year, and I expect him to get a chance in the Majors at some point as yet another super utility type. Can switch hit, play second and the outfield.

Ideally, he replaces Zobrist in 2018-19, but I suspect if a pitcher comes available, Happ will be one of the main pieces from the system other teams will want. (along with Eloy)

Both can stay and help the Cubs in a year or two, or both could be traded for something more major league ready. We'll see.

Neither really has an every day job set any time soon, all they can do is continue to improve in the minors and be ready for short stints if someone gets hurt, September call ups, etc.

Per multiple reports, the Chicago Cubs have signed reliever Pedro Strop to an extension through 2018, adding a team option for 2019.

Strop, 31, will make $5.5 million in his final arbitration year this season, and then will add $5.85 million in 2018. The Cubs get a $6.25 million team option for 2019 with a $500,000 buyout.

Theo :pimp:

I saw that...Am I the only one that thinks that tattoo could of been done a lot better? I mean given who he is and money?

Could definitely be done better especially with his money but as long as he likes it lol. I've drawn out ideas for a tattoo for myself very similar to that lol

Could definitely be done better especially with his money but as long as he likes it lol. I've drawn out ideas for a tattoo for myself very similar to that lol
I have a pile of Cubs tattoos I've been wanting to get forever. Not like one of each idea I have, but ones I put together. It's just so hard and if I'm honest, if it's not done subtly and well, it looks so tacky. I've seen some awful Cubs tattoos around here. I mean even well done, they just look so outta place. IMO, you have to be careful with **** like that. I've ALWAYS wanted the Jordan Jumpman tattoo but it sort of feels like I'd be branding myself with an advertisement. I have a idea that will basically my whole left leg/calf done and putting in the Cubs but I always get anxious because I always feel like I could of done more. 

Back
Top Bottom