Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Helluva of a win!!
Good to see Jake back again.
Looking back in hindsight the Yu signing looks bad , but I still think he’ll come around, it’s all mental it seems. I believe we’re gonna peak after the break.

Another Great Win today!!!!!!! we only half game out of 1st place. 4 game set coming up against the Pirates. i want to sweep them

I was at the game when Heyward hit the walkout. Never heard Wrigley get so loud with like 65-75% capacity.

And Hendricks. He needs to fix something in his mechanics I believe

Last edited:
LHP Josh Hader of the Brewers had a .098 ERA. Had not allowed a hit to a left hander.

Jason Heyward ROPES the game tying single in the 8th.

Go to the 11th, Rizzo leads off with a BOMB.
Javy walks, steals second, Addy HBP, Zobrist RBI single, Almora RBI single, Heyward 2-run single breaks it open. Heyward now hitting .276 :nerd: 3 hits tonight, same as Almora.

Cubs have won 8 of 9 vs Brewers. :pimp:

whats going on with Chatwood? the walks and give up a lot early yesterday

He has no idea where the ball is going. His arm is live, but he's wild wild wild. They are working with him, some innings he looks great, others he looks like Jake that one stretch.

When Yu comes back, they may slide Montgomerey to the #5 spot, and Chat might sit a while.

He has no idea where the ball is going. His arm is live, but he's wild wild wild. They are working with him, some innings he looks great, others he looks like Jake that one stretch.

When Yu comes back, they may slide Montgomerey to the #5 spot, and Chat might sit a while.

Montgomery has been looking good lately man. Chat has to sit and work on his mechanics man. Just make him a middle reliever or some.

Chatwood has issues now, but i'm more worried about Darvish if he doesn't get his mentality right with this team. He should've known that a big contract comes with big expectations. I agree with what Lester said, just play and when he does more good the fans will start to like him.

Edit: Montgomery has quietly been the Cub we need but don't deserve.

Well, after a 2-0 and 1-0 loss vs the Brewers, bats picked up vs the Cards. :lol: :pimp:

Happ Solo shot, Bryant 2-run Homer, Schwarber 3-run Homer, Rizzo 3 for 3, Baez two walks, Addy RBI double.....11-1 in the 6th. :pimp:

Cubs spot the Cards a 2-0 lead, but comeback 6-1 after that, win 6-3.

Russell with a solo shot, Happ the go ahead RBI 2B, and Heyward a monster 2-run Homer late. :pimp:

Need Q to sweep tomorrow.

Probably the best series win so far this season in terms of resiliency because that first game was a very tough one to lose

Darvish, CJ Edwards, and Morrow all on the DL, and we're still in first place. :lol:

That said, get those 3 back healthy, ASAP.

Absolute disaster since my last update. :lol:

Cubs lose 4 straight at the last place Reds, including blowing a 6-1 lead Sunday.

5 game losing streak, Kris Bryant goes to the DL, and Javy Baez is now 4-4 with a double, single, Solo Homer, and now a Grand Slam. :pimp:

7-2 bottom 5, need to hold on, can't keep giving away games.

9E298F43-0407-4B1D-9228-B7663A37B1EE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom