Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Baez #28, Murphy another one, Schwarber a bomb, another 10 run game.

Cards/Brewers/Braves/D-Backs all lost. :pimp:

Easy W today, 9-0, 4 game sweep, our MLB leading 15th shutout of the year. (Strange given our pitching struggles this year)

Bote a 2-run BOMB
Schwarber a 2-run bomb
Heyward 4-4
Rizzo a couple doubles.

Season high 23 games over .500

Now we face Thor/deGrom back to back. Need Lester/Hamels to blank the Mets O and scratch 1-2 runs to steal these.

Well, we scratched 7 to beat Thor/Mets. :smokin

Lester with a huge two-run single with the bases loaded the big blow.

Rizzo added two doubles and a solo shot, his numbers since May 1 right where they belong.

Now, can we be greedy vs deGrom? :nerd:

W!

4.5 games up on the cards with 13 games left in the season.

Javy with 30 HR and 100 RBI
Last infielder to post 30-100......Ryno :nthat:

Lester 6 shutout innings, Murphy, Rizzo, and Baez all with solo homers. Throw in a few triples and some more clutch hitting, another 8-1 win.

Right after our game ended, the Cards had the bases loaded and nobody out vs the Reds in the bottom of the 9th and didn't score. And the Reds scored 3 in the top of the 10th. :pimp:

And the Cards face Scherzer tomorrow. :lol: :pimp:

Sadly we blew the first game in Milwaukee, and got blown out in game 2, but big game from Q gets game 3 and keeps us 4.5 games up on the Brewers.

Murphy another homer, and Schwarber an absolute bomb. Strop nails it down.

Morrow may not be back this season. :frown:

At this point, if we win just 1 game each series to close the year, that gets us to 89-90 wins. An extra win here or there gets us to 93-94. Cards/Brewers would have to go nuclear to surpass that. That said, let's keep winning series', and get homefield in the NL and roll the dice another year.

After blowing the first 2 against the brew crew, we got the next two including a late rally against the Nats.
Bote with another clutch hit in the 10th to seal the victory.

4.5 up.

AEB2F6B3-95F0-42D3-AA00-A2470EF3357B.jpeg

We’re in a slump. Team is tired, Bryant can’t slug neither can willy. Addy looks lost out there, CJ idk maybe he needs to see a shrink. Now Lester is hurt along with injuries all season long. No true closer.

We’re in a slump. Team is tired, Bryant can’t slug neither can willy. Addy looks lost out there, CJ idk maybe he needs to see a shrink. Now Lester is hurt along with injuries all season long. No true closer.

All that, and we have the best record in the NL, and up 3-0 late tonight, and the Nats aren't pitching Scherzer against us on Thursday, and the rest of the schedule is in the city of Chicago minus 3 games in Arizona.

Relax.

Q pitched his **** off. Still concerned about our hitting and slugging until I see them back to hitting in bunches

Clearly there's issues, we certainly have seen a power drop off from a few guys, but to be fair, KB and Addy have both been hurt most of the year, Contreras is really the only one I'm worried about.

Win today and suddenly things look very different and the schedule sets up nice for us.

Lester I think is just a back flare up, he's old, it happens. :lol: It's not something that will hold him out long term or anything I don't think. Just need big outings from Hendricks and Hamels the next 2 games, we'll be in good shape if that happens.

20180911_191608.jpg

Beautiful evening last night. Quintana was terrific, and so was the pen. We really gotta win tonight.

1 game lead...told y’all we’re in trouble and in a slump. No off days will do that. While Milwaukee plays in a dome and has practically no rainouts or delays. Plays a big factor. I still don’t like this makeup game later today. This team is beyond fatigued. Hello wildcard

1 game lead...told y’all we’re in trouble and in a slump. No off days will do that. While Milwaukee plays in a dome and has practically no rainouts or delays. Plays a big factor. I still don’t like this makeup game later today. This team is beyond fatigued. Hello wildcard

Keep the faith my brother! We gonna grind this thing out!

Back
Top Bottom