Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

I dont know if its because the last 2 months have prepared me for this, if I have learned over time to not be greedy, or what the reason is.....but I am not nearly as upset about last night as I should be (or a lot of you are).  All I could do last night was shake my head and laugh.  I wasnt even mad.  It was almost as if deep down, I expected this to happen.

This. If anyone watched any games this season we saw this numerous times and the fact that it happened on a elimination game does not shock me. Outfielder and relief pitchers should be on the shopping list this offseason. Hell maybe an Arroyo appearance?

This bullpen needs to be completely rebuilt.  If I am Evans, the only 2 pitchers who I want back are Law and Smith (not because Smith was good, but because we gave up our top freakin prospect for him).  We have money to spend.  Spend most of it on the damn bullpen please!

As awesome as Gillaspie was for us this postseason, he deserves nothing more than a bench spot on this team.  Nunez is the far superior player, and I would be shocked if he is not an everyday player for us.

I think the Peavy replacement is already here.  Ty Blach.  I think its nice that we wont really have to focus on starting pitching this offseason. Madbum, Cueto, Moore, Samardzija and Blach is a top 5 rotation in baseball, maybe better.  I dont think we have seen the last of Cain.  I think he will be a full time long reliever for us.  I think we have seen the last of him as a starter, and next year will be the last we have seen of him in a Giants uniform period.

My guess is we dont sign Cespedes, although we really should make a legit run at him.  We need power so bad.  Belts 17 HR as a team leader is beyond pathetic.
Im so not mad. As far as I'm concerned, we as fans have been more than blessed the last few years. I mean 2014, I don't even know that would ever be topped. We all knew the bullpen was suspect...

But yeah, we need a hitter. Having a slugger on this team almost seems like the teams birthright after all the previous ones.

We're always going to be looking for a legit LF.

Two career playoff games for Samardzija.
3 IP
15.00 ERA.
3.00 WHIP

Small sample size but he isn't built for October

Welp, base coaches are fired.

I'm surprised Hensley Muelens is still around. Seems like he was always on the hot seat.

Giants front office must have just informed Gregor Blanco that we will not be retaining his services moving forward.

He just posted this to instagram: 

As frustrating as he was a lot of the time, Blanco had some great moments for this team over the past few years.  Hope he catches on with a good team and becomes a good #4 outfielder for that team.  

^Not surprised. He played a key role during our championship runs and he'll be a fan-favorite forever.

But it's time to move on. 

Side note: I still crack up when Andres Torres shows up out of nowhere with his skin tight clothes.

Gregor will be missed.

Giants making moves to get Céspedes. Right after World Series' final out, best believe the team will be ready to acquire.

my head is still hot a week later. cubs bout to let these trash can dodgers get to the world series smh

the giants died for your sins. let our death not be in vain man :smh:

Yeonis Cespedes opted out 
nerd.gif

But we're probably already out of the running since the main focus is the bullpen 
tired.gif
 (which is valid, but would be nice to have a power bat back in LF.)

Looks like we got our closer in Melancon. I would expect this to be the only splash they make this offseason.

No and no.

Along with Melancon it looks like we're signing Bryan Morris to a minor league deal with a spring training invite. He's a career 2.80 reliever with 211 appearances. Looks like the pen is shoring up the way it should have back in July.

I'm okay with giving either Mac or Parker consistent time in LF to start the season. I believe Mac can be a typical right handed power bat in a corner position, dangerous but low contact rate. Over the course of a season, I can see him around 25 hrs, .250 BA, close to 200Ks.

They won't sign a guy to plug into a "setup" role. They want to see how Strickland, Law, and Smith do in the 7th and 8th innings now that they'll have more defined roles w/ Melancon closing. Reason why they won't sign anyone like that is they're already over the Luxury Tax threshold with Melancon.

Seeing how Sabean/Evans have handled their more "top prospects", they'll probably trade him mid-season for someone that's not necessarily a big name
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Man, I hope not. 

Looking forward in seeing how Matt Moore pans out this season. Dude pitched lights in his last game 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom