Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Where are you guys getting news that Nunez is hurt?  Everything I read says he is on target to start opening day.

Where are you guys getting news that Nunez is hurt?  Everything I read says he is on target to start opening day.
He received a couple of cortisone shots in his shoulder in the past two weeks? I think last night was his first game back since being shelved. 

I hope he's healthy.

I also just realized I'll going to have to stream games this season being out in the east coast
frown.gif

He received a couple of cortisone shots in his shoulder in the past two weeks? I think last night was his first game back since being shelved. 

I hope he's healthy.

I also just realized I'll going to have to stream games this season being out in the east coast:frown:
Apparently if you have T-Mobile they offer the MLB.tv for free, that might be a solution for you if they're your carrier.

As much crap as ai have given Brian Sabean over the years, one thing he needs to get a ton of credit for is how he prioritized the bullpen. Call me a homer, but Evans cost us a possible WS last year because he failed to trade for bullpen arms last year......and while he got a top flight closer this offseason, he failed to address the rest of the pen.

Really hope this isnt a season long problem again.

As much crap as ai have given Brian Sabean over the years, one thing he needs to get a ton of credit for is how he prioritized the bullpen. Call me a homer, but Evans cost us a possible WS last year because he failed to trade for bullpen arms last year......and while he got a top flight closer this offseason, he failed to address the rest of the pen.

Really hope this isnt a season long problem again.

Agree. The bullpen consists of a plethora of middle relief arms, none I feel confident in getting an out in specialty situations (Lopez for LH, Romo for RH), and a closer. Need that set up man.

What else is new..
honestly I see this being an ongoing problem this season.
Melancon will be fine but the bullpen leading up to him is completely ****, not one person I trust in there

Going into this season, we needed:

Left fielder
Left handed middle reliever
Middle reliever
Middle reliever
Setup man
Closer

We got a closer. Evans strikes again.

When they showed the stat of how many different players have started LF since Bonds left, that **** was sad. :smh:

^ List is pretty spot on. In the perfect world we get all those. Not sure if it's ignorance by the FO to make the moves to add peices or do they just really feel the internal options on the team are the best. I agree Melacon will be fine, I really like Blach, never am I ever sure about a game when Law or Strickland are in. The loss of Will Smith really hurts.

Gotta feel for Bum man... I know he's the ultimate team guy but he's got to be thinking... what else do I have to do.

Blach should be starting so I don't see him in the pen long. Will smith loss is going to be huge

Back
Top Bottom