Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Belt said that painwise it’s not too bad and feels like just a bruise, but the fracture is in a tricky spot so they’ll have to wait another week to check it out.

Sorta excited. Sorta stressed tf out. Might need to get life alert for this series ffs.

the feeling is mutual.

But bs aside though. You guys got a bad break with this matchup. Even if the giants were to win this series in one sided convincing fashion I would say this. If you win 107 games and manage to stave off a 106 win team in the process. You shouldn’t be playing the second best team in all of baseball in the division series. Kinda defeats the purpose of busting your butt to have the best record in all of baseball to begin with.

people talk that “win your division” noise. I get it. But if you win your division and hold off the other division winners in the process. You should get the team who won the least games as a result. This current setup works well for the Brewers who won 10+ less games than both the Giants and Dodgers but get the more favorable matchup in Atlanta.

And I’m not trolling your season thread. I’ll talk **** and troll in other threads but keep it respectful in here.

Should be a good series though. May the better team win either way.

the feeling is mutual.

But bs aside though. You guys got a bad break with this matchup. Even if the giants were to win this series in one sided convincing fashion I would say this. If you win 107 games and manage to stave off a 106 win team in the process. You shouldn’t be playing the second best team in all of baseball in the division series. Kinda defeats the purpose of busting your butt to have the best record in all of baseball to begin with.

people talk that “win your division” noise. I get it. But if you win your division and hold off the other division winners in the process. You should get the team who won the least games as a result. This current setup works well for the Brewers who won 10+ less games than both the Giants and Dodgers but get the more favorable matchup in Atlanta.

And I’m not trolling your season thread. I’ll talk **** and troll in other threads but keep it respectful in here.

Should be a good series though. May the better team win either way.
The old wild card rules were better. And in this particular year the modern rule especially sucks. This is where the NBA got it right with their play-in where the 7th/8th seed has to lose twice to be eliminated and the 9th/10th seed has to win twice to advance.

The old wild card rules were better. And in this particular year the modern rule especially sucks. This is where the NBA got it right with their play-in where the 7th/8th seed has to lose twice to be eliminated and the 9th/10th seed has to win twice to advance.

I agree with you on the NBA. I love how it’s just the best records in each respective conference. No extra emphasis on divisions.

Ima copy and paste what I posted in a baseball related FB group because I’m too lazy to type parts of it again lol.. Personally baseball has had some playoff formats which don’t make sense for years imo.

“A situation like this tonight is an anomaly. Where you have a 16 game difference between the two wild card teams.

But MLB has always had some flawed *** backwards playoff formats.

Prior to the wild card coming into play, when it was just two divisions. They alternated home field advantage between west and east each year. Had nothing to do with record at all. This was a very flawed format. The 86 Mets won 108 games and didn’t have home field against a 95 or so win Astros team. The 87 Twins won 85 games. Had home field against a 98 win Tigers team and rode that home field advantage to a World Series championship.

Prior to adding the second wild card in 2012. If the wild card was from the same division as the team with the best record in each league. They wouldn’t play until the NLCS/ALCS which made no sense.

Right now a wild card team wouldn’t have home field advantage in the NLCS or ALCS against a division winning team who they have a better record then. But in the World Series they would have home field advantage against a division winner from the other league if they have more wins than them. Point being. MLB has had some flawed playoff formats for years where the logic hasn’t made sense.

Kinda weird but this is the first time ever that these 2 teams will play in the post season….

It’s like it was meant to be or something…. one of biggest rivalry , first seed vs second seed… also the Giants just edges out the Dodgers by beating them 10-9 this season…. Also both first basemen’s are out….extremely close all around and gonna be and should be a good series!

Nothing like play off beisbol!

When you think about the entirety of the rivalry it is mindblowing that these two teams have never faced each other in the postseason. That dates back, what, 131 years? But in reality, the opportunity to face each other has only existed for the last 26 years. We were a bullpen meltdown away from making it happen in 2016 |l

The ******* giants raised the prices on game 1 tickets. I’ve been monitoring tickets on the giants site for the last few days deciding if I want to go and tickets for upper reserve from right field to the third base side was just under $200. Now it’s up to $300:smh::sick:

Yep because now LA fans will be buying too, some of which are rich enough to come in from LA. Rivalry games are always $$$$$ anyway.

The ****ing giants raised the prices on game 1 tickets. I’ve been monitoring tickets on the giants site for the last few days deciding if I want to go and tickets for upper reserve from right field to the third base side was just under $200. Now it’s up to $300:smh::sick:
That's a huge difference.:wow:

I paid $151 before taxes and fees for regular season tickets when they played the Dodgers, so that’s to be expected when they play them again for the first time ever in the play offs.

44B5579E-9747-492F-956A-242681C739AA.jpeg

Man it's going to be a busy weekend in SF. Playoff baseball and fleet week.

Kapler going to withhold the roster until tomorrow?

NLCS tickets went on sale today. better get those before they dynamic price that **** up again.

Buying tickets for this series is a huge ******* pass for me anyway. $130 for standing room is retail? Comical. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom