Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Classic MLB. Gives a bull**** call to LA, the ****in favorite. ****s us, SF, the orange haired step child to them. Even in our 1st place year, the national commentators just **** riding for LA the whole series and all the bull**** called strikes they gave LA and didn’t call for us in the same damn inning, they rob us on that. Can’t even give us a rightful outing to the end.

Man, tough being a ****in giants fan.

One of these days I'm going to appreciate how great a season this was...it just isn't going to be tonight...maybe not the next few nights either.

1B ump took away all the drama and suspense of an epic ending with that horse **** call

10 runs in 5 games isn't gonna cut it in a short series, and 4 of them came in Game 1 :smh:

One of these days I'm going to appreciate how great a season this was...it just isn't going to be tonight...maybe not the next few nights either.

1B ump took away all the drama and suspense of an epic ending with that horse **** call

10 runs in 5 games isn't gonna cut it in a short series, and 4 of them came in Game 1 :smh:
Same, I give the Dodgers all the credit in the world. I'm just ****ing pissed at how we went down, dude took our chance away.

Don Denkinger stole the World Series from the Cardinals
Jim Joyce stole Armando Gallaraga's perfect game
Gabe Morales literally ended our ******* season **** that POS

Same, I give the Dodgers all the credit in the world. I'm just ****ing pissed at how we went down, dude took our chance away.

same. They built a hell of a team on that side. But Giants have no excuse of winning that amount of games and having their bats go so cold the whole series. Pitchers did enough to keep it close.

bats got cold at the worst possible time

tupac-sad.gif

We have a good future, just gotta trim the fat and sure up the offense.
So many things worked well. My concern is whether or not all these guys who had a great year can replicate this again next season. Crawford will be 35. Posey won't be as fresh and his BA dropped 30+ points to end the season. La Stella is a solid leadoff hitter but man he finds himself hurt way more than he does healthy. DeSclafani can pound sand. Thanks for the memories Cueto, but thank God your contract finally comes off the books! 107 wins...I don't think we'll ever see this again...

We have some exciting prospects in the farm, but tough to even think about that rn.

Team will look very different next season. Hope Belt is back.
Yeah, I honestly didn't view Belt in a positive light in the beginning of the season, but the dude really shows what he's capable of when he's healthy for a......fairly long span. We gotta get him back.

All very good points but also gotta look how much the GM wanted to go all in. Scherzer and Turner turned Dodgers into a powerhouse. Ain’t no way they make the NL West run and this series close without them. We coulda blocked them with at least a trade for Scherzer.

So many things worked well. My concern is whether or not all these guys who had a great year can replicate this again next season. Crawford will be 35. Posey won't be as fresh and his BA dropped 30+ points to end the season. La Stella is a solid leadoff hitter but man he finds himself hurt way more than he does healthy. DeSclafani can pound sand. Thanks for the memories Cueto, but thank God your contract finally comes off the books! 107 wins...I don't think we'll ever see this again...
It's crazy because I thought this year was going to be our transition year, but it looks we actually have to monitor players next year too.

All very good points but also gotta look how much the GM wanted to go all in. Scherzer and Turner turned Dodgers into a powerhouse. Ain’t no way they make the NL West run and this series close without them. We coulda blocked them with at least a trade for Scherzer.
What would it have cost to get them? Dodgers gave up their #1 pitching prospect in that deal. On the flip side, we only gave up our #9 and #30 prospects to get Kris Bryant.
It's crazy because I thought this year was going to be our transition year, but it looks we actually have to monitor players next year too.
Yeah I thought so too, I never would've thought the elder statesmen would put their foot down and hold off the youngins.

This season was definitely supposed to be a soft transition year while staying competitive enough to be in the wildcard picture towards the end of the season like they were in 2019 and 2020.

It was supposed to be the swan song for Posey/Crawford/Belt on the last years of their deal. Cueto coming off the books. Starting rotation filled out with guys on one year contracts. I came in expecting to enjoy a final season with the vets while keeping an eye out on what big free agent shortstop/starting pitcher we should sign in the winter and hoping we got another look at prospects like Joey Bart and Heliot Ramos.

We all know how it played out though. Multiple players had the best years of their careers and they were able to push to the most wins in franchise history. It really was a great group of guys this year and after i get over how ****ty the season ended, i'll be able to look back on it more fondly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom