Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

What would it have cost to get them? Dodgers gave up their #1 pitching prospect in that deal. On the flip side, we only gave up our #9 and #30 prospects to get Kris Bryant.
Yeah I thought so too, I never would've thought the elder statesmen would put their foot down and hold off the youngins.

true but they got Turner and Scherzer. Pretty sure we coulda came up with a decent deal for just Scherzer even with his contract expiring. It’s a move I’m shocked they didn’t make to sure up their rotation. We’re blessed Webb pitched amazing two games. Gausman our ace pitched okay and got a lucky game out of Wood and Descalfani played ****ty. But it was telling that they were gonna run out of their magic and gas towards end of the season.

That's what will get me the most about this season. This likely, at least in Farhan's mind, was the swan song season for the Bochy era holdovers...and then they had renaissance years so Crawford got a 2 year extension, Posey will likely get one too, and the guy we all thought was the most expendable actually had the most offensive production out of everybody and he'll probably get an extension as well.

true but they got Turner and Scherzer. Pretty sure we coulda came up with a decent deal for just Scherzer even with his contract expiring. It’s a move I’m shocked they didn’t make to sure up their rotation. We’re blessed Webb pitched amazing two games. Gausman our ace pitched okay and got a lucky game out of Wood and Descalfani played ****ty. But it was telling that they were gonna run out of their magic and gas towards end of the season.
The inexperience of the bullpen also made its way to the forefront. #1 bullpen in the bigs and damn near all of them were shook.

I got so amped when Doval got us out of the 8th on 1 pitch. But when he got into his own jam in the 9th :smh: I don't ever want to speak negativity into existence, but I think we could all see what was going to happen when he kept feeding Bellinger sliders.

FYI giants dugout usually does 40-50% off everything in mid November. and maybe like around Feb, they usually have jerseys half off. got a willie mays mitchell and ness ny giants throwback for like $130 before this season started. i'll post what i find out
I’ve been eyeing an on field for years. Might have to do it.

FYI giants dugout usually does 40-50% off everything in mid November. and maybe like around Feb, they usually have jerseys half off. got a willie mays mitchell and ness ny giants throwback for like $130 before this season started. i'll post what i find out
I hate fanatics, they monopolized the the MLB, NFL, NHL market where all of these sites have the same sales. I hate it. I'll check updates on the thread for your deals to combat this.

fanatics is THE worst

Bro, tell me about it… I ordered this last week and came in the other da … look at the sizing…. Fanatics should’ve checked the inside sizing first before shipping it to me 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

74CE638E-F534-40EC-B9AB-1DE5B8900434.jpeg
F18DD7A0-021A-4EAE-A563-7BECBE89D1C5.jpeg

After listening to Farhan's press conference, I think there's a 50/50 chance Kris Bryant stays. I think people who expected him to hit .350 and have HR every other game the moment he joined the team are delusional. Yeah, he cooled off towards the end of the season, but hit well in the NLDS. I think it'll come down to Farhan deciding if it's worth paying him that big contract or continuing the route of finding a solid player or two at the same price. But if Longo is gone, I wouldn't mind solidifying 3B with KB.

Starting pitching and the bullpen need improvement. Wouldn't mind Gausman and Wood back again, DeScalfani possibly. But wouldn't mind if they went for Syndergaard or even Scherzer (Probably asking a lot).

The outfield platoon needs to be trimmed down. Heliot Ramos needs to get a strong look this spring. He hit .272 at Sacramento and I hope that isn't a deterrent or telling sign that he's not panning out. I think Dickerson is gone. Yaz needs to get back to hitting consistently. Slater, Duggar, and Wade will stay.

I think Belt gets a nice offer that the Giants won't decide to match. Keep Ruf at 1B IMO.

It'll be interesting to see how Farhan and Kapler prep next season. Clearly won't have as good of a record, but they are on the right path.

After listening to Farhan's press conference, I think there's a 50/50 chance Kris Bryant stays. I think people who expected him to hit .350 and have HR every other game the moment he joined the team are delusional. Yeah, he cooled off towards the end of the season, but hit well in the NLDS. I think it'll come down to Farhan deciding if it's worth paying him that big contract or continuing the route of finding a solid player or two at the same price. But if Longo is gone, I wouldn't mind solidifying 3B with KB.

After listening to Farhan's press conference, coupled with my own personal opinion, I think there is about a 10/90 chance that Bryant stays. He hasnt had his big contract yet. The Cubs dicked him over with his service time by choosing not to start his clock. He is looking to get a bag.

Now, I want KB to stay too. But I cant see Farhan breaking the bank for him. Bryant is gonna want $200M+ and I dont see any way we give him that.

They’ll have to decide whether midseason trade acquisition Kris Bryant will be the best use of a chunk of change. Reading between the lines of Zaidi’s comments on Monday, the Giants aren’t going to make re-signing him a priority.

“For us, the move at the deadline was really about pushing chips in with this team, which we thought was a special team and had a chance to do special things,” Zaidi said. “But we recognize he’s a superstar talent and it’s going to be a really competitive market for his services. I’m sure we’ll have conversations there, but he’ll have a long line of suitors so we’ll just have to see how that develops.”

This much is clear: the Giants don’t view Bryant as such an important priority that they’ll delay making other moves while holding out hope of reaching an agreement. Scott Boras clients often wait out the market. And because Bryant was traded midseason, he cannot be extended a qualifying offer. The Giants might be able to find another free agent who matches Bryant’s defensive versatility and production against left-handed pitching at a lower price point; the Dodgers’ Chris Tayloris one possibility, and he’s a stronger defender as well.”

KB probably gone

Back
Top Bottom