OFFICIAL 2024-2025 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON THREAD *LYIN' SZN IS HERE*

Who will win the 2024-2025 College Football Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
1726180144527.png

Don't think Cal and Stanford are returning. UNLV makes sense because it covers the Vegas market. Expanding into the Texas market (UTSA) makes sense too.

This. Geography doesn’t seem to matter much anyone and when you put that aside, Cal and Stanford are a good fit in the ACC with schools like Duke, Virginia, UNC, GT, and Wake Forest to name a few.

I don’t see them leaving the ACC to join the Mountain West disguised as the Pac-12. Not to mention the whole exit fee issue.

I was about to say they should just package up all the nerds. The Big NERD Conference. They can solve formulas to go for 2.

Not a bad place to be. I’d happily go to any of those schools lol

Last edited:
I think Deion is a joke and a clown, but feel like he would be such a recruiting juggernaut in Gainseville, it would be interesting to see.
Based on what? This whole experiment has been a massive flop. What’s to make anyone think that he would do better running and even bigger program in a super competitive recruiting area? He doesn’t even cultivate recruiting relationships with HS kids now :lol:

Based off the fact that his lone skills reside in marketing and sales and he would have a pretty good pitch. It would probably end horribly and not go well, but I wouldn't bet against him landing a bunch of five star recruits from Florida.

I get things are getting of the rails already in Boulder and it seems he's has no control really, but Colorado is a place I'm not sure anyone could really do a decent job at in 2024. It's why I thought he should have been a little more patient before taking the first P5 job that came across his lap.

Based off the fact that his lone skills reside in marketing and sales and he would have a pretty good pitch. It would probably end horribly and not go well, but I wouldn't bet against him landing a bunch of five star recruits from Florida.

I get things are getting of the rails already in Boulder and it seems he's has no control really, but Colorado is a place I'm not sure anyone could really do a decent job at in 2024. It's why I thought he should have been a little more patient before taking the first P5 job that came across his lap.
There’s not “a bunch of 5 star recruits from Florida” each year. And you’ve gotta fight Miami, FSU, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Ohio State, etc for them. He’s shown nothing but being able to win games in the SWAC with P5 kickbacks. This stuff sounds good on PlayStation, but Deion doesn’t know how to run a big time football program. And these kids want to get to the league. His celebrity isn’t enough to win over against the big time schools when he’s already gotten hyped up and fell flat on his face 2 years in a row. I hope Florida hires him :lol:

And again, he actively chooses not to visit HS kids and cultivate those relationships now. What sort of staff would even follow him to Florida after word has traveled around the industry of how much of disaster working for him is. You’ll inevitably be scapegoated like he did Sean Lewis, who was a highly regarded G5 coach, or stick around through toxicity of how poorly he treats people. He’s a Trump level scam artist.

Ignoring HS recruiting and slapping a team together through the portal is not going to lead to wins. And his team is really undisciplined, which is a reflection of his coaching.

There’s not “a bunch of 5 star recruits from Florida” each year. And you’ve gotta fight Miami, FSU, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Ohio State, etc for them. He’s shown nothing but being able to win games in the SWAC with P5 kickbacks. This stuff sounds good on PlayStation, but Deion doesn’t know how to run a big time football program. And these kids want to get to the league. His celebrity isn’t enough to win over against the big time schools when he’s already gotten hyped up and fell flat on his face 2 years in a row. I hope Florida hires him :lol:

And again, he actively chooses not to visit HS kids and cultivate those relationships now. What sort of staff would even follow him to Florida after word has traveled around the industry of how much of disaster working for him is. You’ll inevitably be scapegoated like he did Sean Lewis, who was a highly regarded G5 coach, or stick around through toxicity of how poorly he treats people. He’s a Trump level scam artist.
I agree with all of this really, but you kind of hit my point on some level with the Trump comparison.

People will take a bullet for Trump regardless of how little he cares about them and disrespects them etc. because he has managed to tap into a zeitgeist where he represents something bigger than himself to the people who dogmatically follow him. Deion is kind of the same, and not everyone would sign up to play for him but enough would.

I don't think a UF type of program would ever hire him but I also think it's silly to pretend he doesn't have the ability to be a recruiting juggernaut with impressionable young people. There is a reason we are discussing him now and if we've learned anything from Trump, all publicity is good publicity.

Back
Top Bottom