Official '24 NYK off-season thread; IHart is gone

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im assuming you put iq as the backup pg and donte the backup sg with grimes starting... that leaves mcbride on the bench again...then hopefully you can trade fournier for someone that actually plays... but even then you will have 10 guys in the rotation which is something thibs doesnt really do

IQ and Obi would be a decent deal for both teams. Def been underwhelmed by RJ for the most part but we’d regret an RJ for OG swap

I’m good with IQ, Evan & draft capital. Maybe Sims but too but ouchies. OG not worth 2 major pieces.

For all the defensive good he brings he’s not a big mover & shaker. Better than RJ now but a mistake longterm.

He too has his availability concerns. Idk, the price might be too high if RJ & Obi are included.

Seems like an unpopular opinion but I may rather keep Quickley than Barrett if we're trading for a wing upgrade.

Besides being cheaper, he's a better ball handler, defender, and shooter. Easier to fit alongside four other players.

Seems like an unpopular opinion but I may rather keep Quickley than Barrett if we're trading for a wing upgrade.

Besides being cheaper, he's a better ball handler, defender, and shooter. Easier to fit alongside four other players.
I Def understand but I’d be sick doing an RJ for OG swap no matter how much I ****ted on RJ in the past.

RJ impressed me during the playoffs. It got really bad at one point but he rebounded well from all of that.

I’d like to keep him.

Wing is the hardest position to come by. IQ is replaceable with a vet guard or someone like a Donte with the way he plays in the playoffs

RJ is slightly younger and showed up when it matters.

451B283C-5353-4E4E-B1F4-5F770596A800.jpeg

IQ needs the ball in his hands to be effective offensively. he's not a catch and shoot player or slasher. as long as Brunson is our guy, IQ will never live up to his potential here. if he's cool coming off the bench then great, but as mentioned, he can be replaced for a vet that wont be commanding 20mil per.

if RJ comes in playing like he did in the playoffs, but for another team, yall will be sick.

Brunson/IQ
Grimes/DVV
RJ/Hart
Randle/Obi
Mitch/Hart

is likely what we're going to start the season with. ideally, we flip IQ/Grimes and Obi for an upgrade at wing. RJ can slide to SG and OG to SF. that would keep the rotation to 9. i just dont think there is anyone available that really moves the needle for us.

This thread along with other messages boards are a great example on how difficult is to be a GM.

We all have our ideas on how to construct a teams, we value different things/players .... it's easy to bash someone in retrospect when you see everything unfold but it's not when making a decision real time.

At times I have been frustrated with management for not firing Thibs and trading Randle before the start of last year. However, both Thibs and Randle showed out regular season which was somewhat expected but overlooked prior to the start. The flaws are glaring (Thibs can't gameplan and will lose to coaches that can adapt and Randles IQ will never improve, he's a bonehead) and that's why we need to move from them for better or worst, but happy they aren't jumping to the 1st available big name or blowing up for someone thatvreally is not bringing value.

IF true, wouldnt even be surprised. Teams know we are desperate for a top player so they'll try to rip us off.

Might as well offer Jay Wright a contract too since we trying to be Villanova.

Kyle Lowry can be the vet, plenty of good eats in NY so he'll be comfy.

Donte won't be coming here unless a trade is made. There are no minutes for him, and we wouldn't get him unless he has open minutes. If they package a few guys for a star, that opens up minutes for Donte. That's the only way it works.

Y’all are so desperate to keep RJ and yet he was the second best player in the playoffs aside from two or three games. We don’t take Miami to six without RJ. And we did just fine without IQ. Y’all crazy.

Nobody out there from the Knicks organization today is looking desperate. Mans gotta stop living in the past with these old *** memories of Layden, Zeke, etc.

It’s all the fans & media creating their urgency as well. Almost always has been but the lesser FO’s & Dolan of old would always listen and look for shortcuts and bandaid solutions.

This FO decides to move in silence, not overspend, not trade away picks AND win but that’s still not enough for y’all gossiptalk babes and double agents.

I srsly doubt the legitimacy of some dudes who call themselves Knicks ‘fans’ the way they talk and carry on. Can’t tell if we trolling or just downright dumb and miserable.

Either condition, you can do both w/ 29 other teams sickos. There’s even a more appropriate franchise just a few [late nite] minutes away in the next boro.

Back
Top Bottom