Official '24 NYK off-season thread; IHart is gone

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’d have our exact same bench since no depth would be lost adding Beal.

I don’t understand how having 3 all star caliber players (Brunson, Beal, Randle) would not make us a ECF/Finals bound team.

Not having another reliable offensive threat is the reason we lost.
That's cuz bum *** Randle is not an all star caluber player.

20230625_225116.jpg

I’m definitely in the minority but what’s the point of signing D Rose for him not play. Just to take up a roster spot because of “feelings”?

Guess it worked for a Miami with Haslem tho I guess.
He's the vet that this team needs. He has the respect from the younger guys and it seems like he is comfortable mentoring some of them.
He can help Brunson and IQ with their game and what not.

DRose is probably keeping all of them in check. If not then they'd all be like Ja.
A lot of these young teams (Rockets, Grizzlies, Thunder etc.) need vets to help the younger player grown and learn.

As for PG13, again, the only acceptable major trade chip 4 me is Julius but another unlikely trade that I could live with still with Julius but heftier.
F2779609-5EBF-4FDB-A474-55BDDED10AFC.jpeg

I’m doing it obviously but would either GM make such an overhaul is the real question.

Knicks have the depth.
Kinda like a KP situation where he def elevates the team but availability is a yuuge concern. That bozo signed to Boston so he’s dead to me. In this case again it could work in the team’s favor being so deep.
They have PG13 listed as a 4 but it doesn’t even matter. Obi is left to start at PF finally or play more minutes. It gets interesting at 2 maybe if they decide PG is a SF like I thought. Ultimately it is RJ who starts with him. I personally think he will feast at the small change so I’m all for it.

And Mitch anchoring the whole thing at C on the bench is better for dude in the long run.

Starters: JB, RJ, PG, Obi, Zubac
Mobb Deep: Deuce, Grimes, Hart, MitchRob, Sims
Cheerleaders: D🌹, Taj, Theo Pinson

Mobb deep ain’t nothing to **** with here. Deuce x Grimes x MitchRob = a very stingy lineup when it comes to giving up the points. Hart too depending on the matchup. Let RJ and/or Obi go off with them for some extended run this year.

‘Nuff scoring for the starters and the bench is really what made the team special. I have faith in the Knicks picks. They’ve been pretty good in recent years despite the sad, ill-informed narrative.

I get it’s in style to **** on Knicks talent values but that’s a legit good trade for The Clisphow and overall pretty good for both clubs. Clippers get the best ability in all three players overall.
Idk if picks need be involved. Both teams need win now shakeups. All moving parts help you win now and PG can’t be counted out like those incoming players.

Just get Julius outta here already. I’ll take Harrison Barnes for that manchild if it comes to it.

He's the vet that this team needs. He has the respect from the younger guys and it seems like he is comfortable mentoring some of them.
He can help Brunson and IQ with their game and what not.

DRose is probably keeping all of them in check. If not then they'd all be like Ja.
A lot of these young teams (Rockets, Grizzlies, Thunder etc.) need vets to help the younger player grown and learn.

They’d all end up like Ja? Everyone? :lol:

Why is RJ so important all of a sudden? Aren’t Julius & IQ better players than him right now? I don’t follow if they’re not tearing it down and sending out Kiwi too, then how RJ is the key to it all 🤷

They got a new building to open up so that’s out the question for KL unless those knees are cooked beyond repair.

*keep the same energy again when evaluating the talent

A 22 year old that stepped up big in the playoffs for a 33 year old that disappears in the playoffs and makes almost twice as much. It’s really not a tough decision at all. Too many get caught up in the names and not what the players actually provide.

Hopefully RJ builds on his performance, but thatll be the cost.

Im convinced we’re running it back though.

“Dope” role players won’t win you anything.

Brunson is a superstar and until we get another legit star to pair him with were wasting away his talent here.

OG changing agents kinda makes this week a little more interesting.

He’s no FA but the situation in T. dot is dicey to say the least.

“Dope” role players won’t win you anything.

Brunson is a superstar and until we get another legit star to pair him with were wasting away his talent here.
Teams with better individual players have not gotten it done without a bench but yet you want to follow suit.

Iight!

getting PG would be going backwards... hes getting older and is always injured... I could understand the trade if he actually plays but he doesnt... I wouldnt even trade randle for him let alone rj

Hopefully RJ builds on his performance, but thatll be the cost.

Im convinced we’re running it back though.
I’d prefer that but there’s gonna have to be some minutes adjustments. Either that or ultimately I’m choosing player #1 over coach by end of this szn.

Johnny Bryant deserves a chance to build on a solid foundation if the wheels fall off.

And it’s only a year left on that contract after next szn. If the squad has a down year, even easier decision. The foundation has been laid and there’s still continuity in the coaching tree w/ Bryant in line.

Back
Top Bottom