Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Obi but i think id rather trade Obi to Indiana for Myles turner and have Mitch off the bench, since he's lacking offensively.

Id rather Myles Turner over Ayton. Ayton is at $30M+ for next 4yrs and Myles Turner will be at $20M+ for next 2yrs. Myles Turner can also hit the 3 much better than Ayton or Mitch.

Or Fournier/OBI sign and trade for Jerami grant

Mitch - Randle - J. Grant - RJ - Brunson

Jerami grant average last season
20.5ppg / FG% 47.5/ 3P% 40.1/ 4.5rpg / 2.4apg

Last edited:
I like Obi but i think id rather trade Obi to Indiana for Myles turner and have Mitch off the bench, since he's lacking offensively.

Id rather Myles Turner over Ayton. Ayton is at $30M+ for next 4yrs and Myles Turner will be at $20M+ for next 2yrs. Myles Turner can also hit the 3 much better than Ayton or Mitch.

Or a Fournier / Obi for Sign and trade jerami grant
I couldn’t take Mitch subliminals if he found out he was coming off the Bench :lol:

Or a Fournier / Obi for Sign and trade jerami grant

Ain't no way Pacers giving us 18/8 Myles Turner for Obi lol. I think Obi is a great player with untapped potential but he can't be a consistent starter in the league with those cement feet on defense. He would be Chris Copeland 2.0 for the Pacers

Welp here you go front office, these trades seem to work.
Throw in some picks and it looks like it's good to go lmao
Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

Brand —> Boozer —> Gibson —> Randle
They tried to add Obi in as the next in the line.

Then on the Knicks you had ZBo.
Deng —> RJ

No one to replace J. Noah
No one to replace Camby
You also had Chandler, it took him 10 yrs and three teams

Rose —> Brunson

No one that fits his Butler mold

I’m not the biggest KAT fan BUT a str8 Dubious swap would still make my team better so…. 🤷

Minny could be pressured into moving him before his new albatross contract kicks in.

And few teams have the draft capital to help them recoup their losses by Ainge. They have Ant and Jaden as young pieces to add to.

He has to play the 5 tho and Obi has to stay and start. Mitch goes to MobbDeep. Career 23/11 on nearly 40% from three? I can’t even see how dumping Randle for some loose change won’t help the team so yea, I can live with that one.

I’m not the biggest KAT fan BUT a str8 Dubious swap would still make my team better so…. 🤷

Minny could be pressured into moving him before his new albatross contract kicks in.

And few teams have the draft capital to help them recoup their losses by Ainge. They have Ant and Jaden as young pieces to add to.

He has to play the 5 tho and Obi has to stay and start. Mitch goes to MobbDeep. Career 23/11 on nearly 40% from three? I can’t even see how dumping Randle for some loose change won’t help the team so yea, I can live with that one.
That would be the only way I’d feel decent about a KAT swap with Julius is if he was Strictly C and Obi stayed For PF.

If you trade Randle you need the same production (regular season) coming back

That's the problem. He's been so horrendous in the playoffs, teams are not going to give you a 25/10 guy back for him bc they know in the playoffs he's gonna shrink. We just gotta hope he breaks out of the playoff slump issues like Derozan did. Dude was constantly choking on the Raptors and eventually overcame that so all we can do is pray

we played better against miami then the celtics... at least we won 1 home game and it was 1-1... celtics down 0-2 going on the road lol... that just shows miami is legit...dont really care if they make the finals the Knicks were the first team to do it as the 8th seed

So does this change anything in regards to how devastating the ECSFs were?

Mazzulla is a **** coach btw but they got all the talent dudes been salivating over and still can’t get it done against them [seemingly].

I don’t think the Knicks are that far off. Miami is like the big brother to NY right now. The babybockers needed that playoff run experience to get back next szn even better.

Them boys in Boston and Philly are sawft so I was confident in those matchups if they got the chance.

So does this change anything in regards to how devastating the ECSFs were?

Mazzulla is a **** coach btw but they got all the talent dudes been salivating over and still can’t get it done against them [seemingly].

I don’t think the Knicks are that far off. Miami is like the big brother to NY right now. The babybockers needed that playoff run experience to get back next szn even better.

Them boys in Boston and Philly are sawft so I was confident in those matchups if they got the chance.
If the Knicks add a couple of shooters, some scrappy veteran leadership and trade Randle for a consistent player, they can be a legitimate ECF team. We’re not far away. Literally 3 players, two being 3 and D guys.

we definitely need the experience... look how much better we improved from against the hawks a few years ago... if randle can actually ball out in the playoffs we if have a legit shot in the future... and thats if rj plays well again too...the nba as a whole is wide open... theres no team there that is constantly in the finals like the warriors and cavs a few years back

RJ took a major step forward and I expect him to continue growing. He’s hitting that perfect age now. We just need a couple of guys like Love and Lowry to keep the team grounded and focused.

Back
Top Bottom