Official '24 NYK off-season thread; IHart is gone

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great game by Brunson. Bucks were on fire the 2nd half.

Its simple. We just arent good enough to be the good teams.

Brunson was really going at Jrue. I was impressed more tonight than I was with him vs Utah in the playoffs last year.

Julius going to Julis and panic down the stretch tho. Nothing new.

I don’t think this was a bad L tho and I’m probably the most pessimistic Knicks fan out here.

Idk what some of ya expect in here getting so damn worked up lol the east is super competitive this year. To be 3 games above .500 on January 10th is a blessing we’re no where close to a ring and that was obvious heading into this year

We lost to the Bucks lol like come on now

Idk what some of ya expect in here getting so damn worked up lol the east is super competitive this year. To be 3 games above .500 on January 10th is a blessing we’re no where close to a ring and that was obvious heading into this year

We lost to the Bucks lol like come on now
All Im saying is ....

Is not that we lost to the Bucks, is how we lost to the Bucks and to the Mavs and to Toronto and so on .....

A lot of winnable games that we have lost or just been part of history because lack of coaching, adjustments and poor leadership by one of your main players.

So like I said, can be mad since we are were we thought we would be, but you can make a case that we could be in a way better position just by looking at how we lost a lot of these games.

Is not like the Bucks ran us off the court ...

Yes we do give up a lot of leads.

We dominate the first quarter and that same play doesn't show itself in the fourth. You want that to be the other way around but we're a low level playoff team at best. Games are gonna be dropped unfortunately.

I will say Brunson is the best signing we've made in years.

Right, it’s the Bucks, the same team lost 6 of their last 10 and just got smoked by the second worst team in league (Hornets) by 29 points at home. They were struggling before the game and continued to struggle for 3/4 of the game but of course they find their stride against us.

we would be like 6-8 games above .500 if not for incompetent coaching.

Not defending Thibs but there's at least 3-4 losses that are wins if we just made free throws.

The team we expected to finish around .500 is on pace for 44 wins at the halfway mark btw

The team is exactly where they probably should be.

The frustrating part is how we're losing the games. There's that little glimpse of "what if" since a good handful of these losses were games we gave away. Thats common in the middle of the pack teams though.

This is why 10000% the front office will be making a trade next time its on the table, even if we overpay.

The team is exactly where they probably should be.
i don't disagree with this. i often get sidetracked by the surges this team has only to experience frustrating lows due to what i feel are preventable losses, but yeah this is a mid hovering team

this team played very well last night considering. situations like fournier playing 9 minutes in the 4th and closing out was a little frustrating to witness tho. man didn't play for like a month and is now closing. it's a certain type of mercurial coaching that drives me crazy often

team is playing well. i often think they can do a little better

support the team, support julius randle who's been working his *** off, support the young players who are doing their best with what they've been given

That stretch with Fournier and Hart blowing layups and defensive assignments sealed the L for us.

I turned it off 2 minutes into the 4th cause I saw exactly where the game was heading.

Thibs just does some weird weird things as a coach.

🤦🏾‍♂️

I gotta give credit to Julius for actually caring. He's playing better than most people within similar contracts as him are. Exactly how a 3rd option on a good team really should play hypothetically speaking.

We killed him last year for the lack of effort and being a **** teammate, but those things changed this year. If he goes back to that, then yea the slander is warranted.

i feel you, but its not like he made a complete 180. his attitude and effort are still lacking at times, but he's been better than last season. i need to see more from the captain of the team.

looking at box scores, you think "oh, we were competitive". in reality, we're just blowing leads due to mental mistakes. either not being able to make FTs in crunch time or Thibs making stupid subs, which is magnified bc then those subs play stupid; Fournier leaving Connaughton open or Hart missing point blank gimme's.

i get that we're on pace for our projected record, but it wouldn't be as frustrating if we lost these games by 10-15 points. instead, we're finding ways to lose.

Back
Top Bottom