Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Jalen Brunson signs extension

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's also a professional athlete who wants to play. Yeah he's getting paid but wanting to play the game as well as hurting his future earnings by not playing is understandable. We should have traded him before we benched him.

i think the trail of casualties left behind by tom thibodeau's poor manners of pulling players out of the rotation indefinitely without so much an explanation or talk with them (shunning them, basically) is disrespectful and unprofessional at the very least. the players, as individuals, deserve better treatment than that. it shouldn't matter if it's fournier getting the short end of the stick or a higher profile player voicing his displeasure

more importantly, that the knicks self sabotage their own players values when it comes time to move them has been a constant under thibodeau and leon rose.

Fournier got benched because he was hurting the team. It's understandable that he wants to play but it's not a coincidence the team took off once the fat was trimmed from the rotation.

Couldn't possibly think of a bigger non story.
Most of us in here wanted him benched sooner to let the young kids play. I think some of y'all forget how atrocious our defense was with Fournier playing. Now people wanna talk smack because he ain't getting no burn lol. I ain't see all this when we had that long win streak. Maybe we could've used D. Rose and Fournier for some scoring but it's whatever at this point. Only one I wanted to see get more playing time was Obi.

In the article, Fournier said Thibs spoke to him about making some changes to the rotation then the next game he didn't play. Does a 30 year old professional need to be coddled? He wasn't playing well enough to earn his minutes & they got cut. Same goes for Reddish.

i think there's a difference between "making some changes to the rotation" vs you're done for the year. bc if the plan was to sit him all season, which is basically what happened, we should've traded while he still had value. Knicks management always shoot themselves in the foot...exercise Chauncey's team option just to amnesty him later in the offseason...

Outside of off the court issues, name a player on any other team that left the rotation and never sniffed a minute for the rest of the season.

Obviously thibs did something right if the team made it to the second round agtwr not being there for a decade …. The issue is in the heat series he needed offense and he left frenchy and rose on the bench while the starters were being over played and lacked offensive spark when iq got injured

Thibs should've told Evan he most likely won't be playing again unless injuries hit.
Leon should've tried to get him out the door after the fact.
Evan needed to sit as he wasn't making the contribution the team needed.

Evan can say whatever he wants but his beef is w/ Leon. He knew they deal w/ rotations and minutes. Mans couldn’t have been that surprised on that end.

But whatever fuel to add to the dying movement works, huh:lol:

Can’t help but notice how it’s only negativity that gets a certain useless waterboy’s jets pumping; but that’s certainly no special case neither, sadly.

i think there's a difference between "making some changes to the rotation" vs you're done for the year. bc if the plan was to sit him all season, which is basically what happened, we should've traded while he still had value. Knicks management always shoot themselves in the foot...exercise Chauncey's team option just to amnesty him later in the offseason...
Whole time they were saying Evan was untradable unless giving up picks. Now, he’s got 1 guaranteed year left, a club option on the next [so essentially an expiring contract] and something to prove. I think he still has value.

This isn’t a Chauncey situation at all.

1689882713354.png

1689882782671.png

1689882822266.png

1689883022819.png

1689883076770.png

Most of us were mad when we signed Evan. He got way too much money and he’s not the guy. Hope he’s gone soon.

Crushed that Obi is gone.

they're hardly paying anyone, so they can absorb Fournier's contract without really giving up anything. i wouldnt mind taking a big as some insurance now that Obi is gone.

they're hardly paying anyone, so they can absorb Fournier's contract without really giving up anything. i wouldnt mind taking a big as some insurance now that Obi is gone.

5FE7F69B-0867-46BC-9D91-ABA844486C4E.jpeg

Likely gonna be Fournier for another two 2nds like w Obi

82CF3378-1152-4B51-BA8A-E6C1A50708E0.jpeg

Attachments

• 6E59FCBE-719D-4B20-A217-71929604264D.jpeg
    6E59FCBE-719D-4B20-A217-71929604264D.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom