Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Na man, if he’s available we have to go for it. He’s actually someone worth risking it all for.

Also, you think all this crazy **** happens to him if he was in New York?

I’m not even talking about the baby mothers from the bayou. I’m talking about coming into the season consistently out of shape.
I just couldn’t pull the trigger on that deal. Completely understand what you’re saying but the risk outweighs the reward. If he continues to be injury prone we are stuck with no money and depleted assests. If son played in 51% of his games I’d be more inclined to make the trade but I couldn’t do it right now especially with the season we just had.

I get it. I get why it’s worrisome.

But at the same time I think Zion is being coddled down there in New Orleans. He’s being allowed to do what he wants, he doesn’t take his craft seriously there, he’s always out of shape even when comes back “in shape”… (I could go on)

So I truly wonder if he wasn’t in a place like that - Would he do better somewhere else?

And he’s yes, I think he would.

I’d rather pay Zion to play 40 percent of games than to play Julius 100 percent of games and be Thibs favorite.
I rather not have either to keep it 💯!

If I had a magic ball and knew Zion would stay healthy, I wouldn't even blink and go after him,. However, the uncertainty is crazy. If he could load manage and stay healthy for the entirety, that would be an option too.

For now, you rather roll the dice and risk it all or build around what we have with solid role players and push on?

Last edited:
I was wondering where all this Zion stuff was coming from tho.

Guess ESPN was pushing this in the morning.

We must thank Alan Hahn. That’s why I F with him and Monica. Knicks are always first on their mind :lol:

I think we should make the move for Beal despite his contract. He might be the best bad contract player out there.

Ingram seems to be on the block too, but price is probably higher.

I think we should make the move for Beal despite his contract. He might be the best bad contract player out there.

Ingram seems to be on the block too, but price is probably higher.

Where you getting Ingram? I don’t see anyone talking about “Ingram will be traded” besides the Niketalk Pelican fans :lol:

I’m way good on Beal too. That contract is insane. :lol:

Where you getting Ingram? I don’t see anyone talking about “Ingram will be traded” besides the Niketalk Pelican fans :lol:

I’m way good on Beal too. That contract is insane. :lol:

The Pelicans trading for the #2 pick rumors.

Beal contract def insane, but I feel we can finesse them without giving up unprotected picks.

Fournier, IQ, Obi, protected picks type deal.

The Pelicans trading for the #2 pick rumors.

Beal contract def insane, but I feel we can finesse them without giving up unprotected picks.

Fournier, IQ, Obi, protected picks type deal.

I know they want that pick but mostly everyone in the real world is saying it’d be Zion not BI.

But that is what Windy said about Beal. Beal’s contract is so crazy that they might take a bad package for him.

I still don’t want him tho. :lol:

I have said this for years, first with Wall then with Wall and Beal and now with Beal.

These MF aint game changers man ... aint no team winning with them being the 1/2 option.

Nothing about Beal, besidea scoring that I care for.

Please note that my comment is based on their salary.

too many what ifs with Zion. if he somehow made it here and his lack of availability remains the same, then its 2011 with STAT all over again.

no thanks to Beal and that massive contract. i live in the DC area and i've seen enough games to know that he is not that guy.

I can't believe we're talking about wanting someone who is injury proned. Y'all really want another Amare up in here?...

At THIS MOMENT, all Zion can do is hype up stadiums and sell our crowds, but his track record of not playing is not looking too good. Its def a high risk, beal could be a better option, or even Jaylen. Also theres talks about KAT.

Brunson
Jaylen or beal
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Thats a decent squad.

I wish Shai was unhappy but it looks like thunder can be a good squad with their current pick and also Chet returning.

Zion is a top 5-10 player in the NBA when healthy.

Sad part is you’re really only getting him for 40 games if you’re lucky.

would be nice to have that lineup with either jaylen or beal... I rather give jaylen the max because hes not injury prone and younger...just thinking who we would give up perhaps iq, obi, grimes, fournier and 2 first round picks both lottery protected

Zion gonna come to New York looking like Vin baker and Jerome James. Easy pass. If you don’t have it mentally in NOLA, you aren’t gonna do well in NYC.

Beal is too injury prone. I’d take the bad contract if he played 70 games a year but he’s only gonna play 40. Better off getting Kuzma or KP.

I don’t like this idea of Brunson going on Team USA no way. I don’t want him ****ing around and getting injured.

US team aren’t even good. They’re probably going to lose anyway.

Zion is a top 5-10 player in the NBA when healthy.

Sad part is you’re really only getting him for 40 games if you’re lucky.

Zion was a top 5 player in the LEAGUE.

Pelicans had the same record as the Nuggets. They’d were headed towards that battle come playoff time. Best team in the league along with them during that time.

Then he gets hurt, Pelicans go under .500 for the rest of the year.

He got a Hamstring injury (which is such a fat boy injury too). It wasn’t a serious injury. It’s just a long one to recover from.

Zion gonna come to New York looking like Vin baker and Jerome James. Easy pass. If you don’t have it mentally in NOLA, you aren’t gonna do well in NYC.

They don’t care about basketball in New Orleans. They’re more worried about their 7 College Football teams and the Saints. He’s under no pressure there.

Let’s say axiom came here but was still out of shape, who’s fault would that be? Ours, as an organization.

Because I know if Zion was in Miami, under Pat Riley, he’d be in the best shape of his life. They wouldn’t accept anything less.

Sometimes it really is about WHERE you’re at.

Which is exactly why this would be the riskiest move ever. He’d never be available for the playoffs.

Whats even the point?

Back
Top Bottom