Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screenshot_20231222_194148_Chrome.jpg

Dolan shouldn’t be giving these celebrities free tickets in the first place.

That’s just weird man.

RJ is just too stiff. There’s no fluidity with his game.

When his shots not dropping it’s just bad man.

At least try to be a top defender. You have the tools for that.

You root for a guy because he’s such a good dude but he’s the same player every single year.

There’s no evolution.

Teams ceiling is a 2nd round exit. Unless we somehow avoid a healthy Bucks, Celtics, Heat in the playoffs.

The league knows we are desperate for a star, so any trade we make we’ll be giving up a lot. I don’t know how long this front office is going to wait for that perfect star. They’ll be waiting forever.

Just make the move already. Overpay. With this roster, it’s the only way.

Dame going to Milwaukee ****ed everything up.

Even tho I loved laughing at Miami for not getting Dame because I hate them so much…

That killed us.

Joel having the best year of his life. Maxey is out of this world. Embiid is not leaving.

We’re just going to have to wait and play 4th seed ball this year.

Take a risk on maybe Zion in the offseason. That situation will just get worse in NO.

Also pray for the downfall of the Mavs. Maybe Luka wisens up sooner than later and figures out Mark Cuban is a clown who holds back superstars.

That’s all I got right now.

We're a mid level playoff team. We can't handle the real contenders.

Now even with knowing that, I do think something has to change. But I think the front office is fine with riding this wave for now.

Riding the wave would be a mistake imo. Its horrible timing really.

Like Coupé It Coupé It said. Embiid balling out, Dame in Milwaukee, Heat fully healthy, KAT and the Twolves are #1 team in league, Lavine is trash, etc.

The only thing that would give us a chance at going past the 2nd round is using RJ in a package for OG and giving a pick up for Bojan (pistons). But then we're still limited and barely move the needle.

Last season: "We're just not as good as Boston or Milwaukee"
Last summer: "We're just not as good as Boston or Milwaukee"
This season, after losing to Boston & Milwaukee: "Team is mid, fire Thibs, trade anyone for anything."

There's no move to be made. Anunoby's reputation far exceeds his actual talent. Pistons don't want to sell. There's no star available.

We're going to likely lose to the top tier teams, likely split games against teams like Miami or Cleveland, and beat up on the bottom tier. And at the end of the season, we'll be in the high 40's for wins with a chance to make the conference finals if things break right.

I'm not content but after two decades of incompetence, this is an okay spot to be in.

There's no move to be made. Anunoby's reputation far exceeds his actual talent. Pistons don't want to sell. There's no star available.

We're somehow worse than we are last year though :lol:

Whats our identity this year?

I'm not a big fan, but atleast OG gives us an identity as more defensive. We cant compete with the top teams offensively unless Brunson plays 48 minutes.

Pistons will sell come deadline imo. Just give them their pick back and Fournier.

IMG_9717.jpeg

We're pretty much the exact same team by any metric. I know it's tough to swallow but that's what it is right now.

The front office will make a move if/when one presents itself.

Yea, there’s nothing we can do right now.

We just have to ride it out.

Have to wait until the offseason and assess our options.

RJ not being able to ACTUALLY take that leap is extremely disappointing tho. That’s just flat out sad. Things could have actually gotten better if he did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom