Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Brunson and Haliburton wrestling

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a strong draft for bigs.

Wonder if the FO ends up keeping Randle, letting Hartenstein walk, put Mitch back in the starting lineup, & take some swings on a backup big.

The OG total number is gonna be significantly less impressive by year 5 of it. Already looking and it’s making sense. Maybe even a very lil team payroll friendly discount. Homie is clearly vitally important to NY’s success. Homie also clearly cannot be trusted to a supermax. He’s right in the middle on that imaginary scale w/ the 9-figure bench player on the way soon.

I think you have to let the team play out with Randle. If it's not working, we can make a move towards the deadline. Draft a big or two and call it an offseason.

Happy to have OG back. I was never doubting it when we made the trade for him.

Its very hard to trade a player of Randle's caliber at the deadline.

Its clear he's not resigning here so I do wonder if the plan is to see if this team gels before trading him.

hope we keep the team intact including resigning ihart... but if someone had to go he would be my pick...but im hyped we resigned og and yes its an overpay on paper but hes more valuable to this team compared to any other team who couldve signed him... his injury literally cost us the ecf which is not his fault...I'm hoping we finally draft a backup 4 to Julius and either another wing or center... the biggest question going into the playoffs is health... if we are 100% healthy the whole team I like our chances...

Last edited:
I’ll take someone like Dunn and stash him in the g-league.

Gonna be tuff for anyone NOT at max contract level to get into this rotation now. And it’s gonna be impossible for a rookie to see the court anytime soon now.

New CBA gonna make those rookie contracts even more valuable going forward.

Back
Top Bottom