Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miami’s defense? These boys shot 8/40 from 3. That defense is good but act like you don’t know these Knicks if you wanna.
The team leaders couldn’t buy a bucket and the trickle down effect went its way. But it’s up to the coach to make those shots fall, yea?

What amazing adjustments would you have implemented in the second round of the playoffs? He should have a trump card for this very instance, right?

Every coach goes into the postszn w/ a rotation & is usually smaller than regular. But yup, just go ahead and throw the Frenchman out there for a hopeful spark and guaranteed turnstile.

I don’t think Mia has more overall talent but yes, Miami has the better #1 option between the 2 squads. They’re full of vets while this core isn’t.

Their identity has been set for a long time. Continuity between FO and coaching so they know what they’re doing.
But **** all that right, time to Fire Thibs and get this thing started all over again. Who’s the big name coach they can snag soon as this series is over?

Gr8 wall of text

Miami’s defense? These boys shot 8/40 from 3. That defense is good but act like you don’t know these Knicks if you wanna.
The team leaders couldn’t buy a bucket and the trickle down effect went its way. But it’s up to the coach to make those shots fall, yea?

What amazing adjustments would you have implemented in the second round of the playoffs? He should have a trump card for this very instance, right?

Every coach goes into the postszn w/ a rotation & is usually smaller than regular. But yup, just go ahead and throw the Frenchman out there for a hopeful spark and guaranteed turnstile.

I don’t think Mia has more overall talent but yes, Miami has the better #1 option between the 2 squads. They’re full of vets while this core isn’t.

Their identity has been set for a long time. Continuity between FO and coaching so they know what they’re doing.
But **** all that right, time to Fire Thibs and get this thing started all over again. Who’s the big name coach they can snag soon as this series is over?

Gr8 wall of text

I actually agree with a lot of this.

Knicks aren’t a good 3PT shooting team so it’s not a surprise they’re not shooting well. We know the deficiencies and shouldn’t be surprised - that’s true.

But the Heat aren’t either. They were the worst 3PT shooting team all season.

The difference is Spo sets up his defense to exploit our deficiencies. They’re trapping Brunson, clogging the paint, loading up on Brunson, and dictating our offense.

That’s my biggest issue. If we’re more talented 1-5 then we shouldn’t be letting a team who barely got into the playoffs deciding our offense.

Thibs has to make adjustments to Spo. He can’t just let this happen. The best coaches would not let this happen.

Is Miami doing anything that we have no answer to? No.
Are we hunting Love/Strus/Duncan/etc etc on switches? No.
Why are we doubling Jimmy?

Thibs lack of adjustments is why, yet again, when it matters most, we look like absolute trash.

Thibs helped us build the right habits and mentality for our players in his span here. Brunson took us to another level after that.

Thibs refusal to adjust or try something new is why we will always have a clear ceiling while he's our coach.

Thibs helped us build the right habits and mentality for our players in his span here. Brunson took us to another level after that.

Thibs refusal to adjust or try something new is why we will always have a clear ceiling while he's our coach.

Yea I’m still thankful for Thibs. I wouldn’t kick him out the door.

Thanks for getting us here.

But the team finally has the talent to go another direction.

A Thibs coached team is always going to have a particular ceiling.

I would like to think talent could make up for his shortcomings as a tactician but those guys don’t grow on trees.

Miami plays hard and they’re sharp with their X’s and O’s. We play hard but our playbook is rudimentary.

if your fine with just making the playoffs then thibs is fine... but if you counting on him to get us the chip then dont hold your breathe... he hasnt came close to to getting to the finals

Dudes make it sound so simple to be one of those elite teams. And after all this losing for the last 20+ years and you have a problem with just making the playoffs >D
A championship team isn’t built overnight and yet as they begin to build up their squad, the shortsighted and misinformed cry over **** they need not cry about.

Give Brunson all the credit in the world but to take away from the coaches’ contributions, which is a nightly thing, is totally disingenuous.

You want an offensive genius? Bring back Pringles. Or yea, let’s go get Budendholzie or Ty Lue. So many awesome younger coaches that don’t need superstars to streamline their success.

Give me a ****ing break w/ these lame *** names. So nonchalant about everything that has to be in place to win a championship.

The last of which is THIS team’s offense. They need szning and they need to shoot better. How does the coach adjust for that at the end of the year?

But alas, that’s my last for this back and forth✌️

Last edited:
Dudes make it sound so simple to be one of those elite teams. And after all this losing for the last 20+ years and you have a problem with just making the playoffs >D

A championship team isn’t built overnight and yet as they begin to build up their squad, the shortsighted and misinformed cry over **** they need not cry about.

Give Brunson all the credit in the world but to take away from the coaches’ contributions, which is a nightly thing, is totally disingenuous.

You want an offensive genius? Bring back Pringles. Or yea, let’s go get Budendholzie or Ty Lue. So many awesome younger coaches that don’t need superstars to streamline their success.

Give me a ****ing break w/ these lame *** names. So nonchalant about everything that has to be in place to win a championship.

Hold up one God damn minute Meaner - I want you to look at this from the macro..

We’re not saying the Knicks are Finals contenders. Thanks to Thibs for bringing us to the playoffs. It’s been a nice little ride - but it’s time to move on and set goals.

1) The Knicks are currently one Superstar away from being Finals contenders. There is real talk about Giannis. Whether that be Giannis, Luka, or Zion - I don’t care. But YOUUUUU want Giannis, I’ve seen your posts - Giannis would never play for Thibs

(So already Thibs is gone in your dream “Giannis” scenario.)

2) Julius Randle (who you hate and always talk about trading) has been getting special treatment from Thibs since the beginning. Julius can do no wrong in Thibs eyes. He’s untouchable and Thibs wouldn’t want to trade him.

(That doesn’t piss you off?)

3) 4 out of the last 5 coaches who WON A RING since 2019 have been FIRED recently. The NBA is ruthless. If they can fired why can’t Thibs be? Because you like him?

Please.

Highlights and stars.

If you’re talking roster changes already, Brandon Ingram is a better fit. Buddy Hield if he can be pried away

Back to the game strategy.
Game 1 there was a very clear strategy. RJ seemed to play better at PF.
Game 2.
Game 3: Floor spacing. Standing at the 27ft line as opposed to standing right next to the 3pt line. Measuring Miami defenders from middle finger to middle finger arms fully extended plus how many feet away from them you have to stand so they cannot recover from a ft line trap

Ok since you asked nicely lol

1) how do you know Yannis would never play for Thibs? What gives you that impression or has he outright said something to that effect?

So you build up the program and the youts, make it an attractive spot for big name stars again. And in the midst of that, you cut off the head of that program and replace that with another?

2) Dawgs, he just sat Dubious in a playoff game. Never once said I thought he was the perfect coach. Deuce has proven himself to be more than just a gleague player [as Knicks ‘fans’ might say] and I’m captain of Deucehive.

Just as you’d like for me to take a wider perspective, think about the transformation Julius has had since pairing with him. Empty stat pusher tossed aside by 2 franchises to mercurial ‘leader’ who’s likely earned an All NBA spot.

I don’t care for every decision or practice but the program is working. Lol at it’s been a good run and time to move on and set goals.

3) Weak sauce of an argument. Those teams got the superstar first.

And Julius is still a bum in my eyes so that actually makes this all the more impressive 🤷

Good morning

Damn @ the ugly loss yesterday. I had to sleep early than usually because of overtime shift at 4 am. The ugly loss kinda kills my mood at work. So grumpy :lol: :smh:

Knicks' offense under Thibs has always been cringe

Spo outcoaches Thibs. Always thought he's been underrated coach. I like the way he keeps rotating fresh leg players so they are able to match Knicks' hustles every possession

I understand that Randle isn't 100% healthy but his body language in the game is nothing news. Awful body language whenever the team is down badly

Let's get a W on tomorrow night

I love Josh Hart but he's not a 40+ minute, stay on the floor no matter what guy in the playoffs. A lineup of Barrett-Hart-Randle-Mitch is at a massive spacing disadvantage, and that's the starters!!!!!!!

Have to to back to Grimes to start even if just for the threat of his shot.

I'm actually confident for game 4 because we've yet to have a good game this series and during the regular season when we'd have slumps where we'd Lose a few in a row, the team would finally come alive. I'm expecting a strong game 4 performance.

KAT is talented but too sawft. He’s already got max money coming in so ded that. Better teammate than Julius but that’s not a high bar.

Pascal is an upgrade over Julius sans the rebounding; soon to be unrestricted. But that means dealing with Nigerian Danny Ainge.

KP soon to be unrestricted too. Also an upgrade over Dubious outside of rebounding. Always love a homecoming story.

And then ofc Grant who IS unrestricted this June. Definitely better in almost every capacity. The team defense takes a step forward which is what’s most important.

☝️ more thing on why I think this coach’s handling of Dubious is being misconstrued.
We’re dealing with a man who’s not always all there in between the ears. He had no problems calling out RJ when he saw his work behind the scenes translating to his poor performance in the court then.

Imagine getting booed by the fans, criticized by everyone with a keyboard or mic, and then getting that from your coach at the podium as well? Not everyone can handle that.

This is your de facto leader. You don’t think the coach has a better grasp on how to approach each of his guys? He needs him at his best or as close to it as possible. Julius has taken strides to better himself but he’s still ticking some nights.

Back
Top Bottom