Official '24 NYK playoffs thread: east semifinals vs Indy

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Malcolm is possible I’m cool with that. I’d love to have him.

But not for a first.

I’ll give you Fournier expiring and Grimes. That should be good enough.

I'd swap Grimes for one of the two firsts we have this draft. Grimes is shooting the ball way better since the trade, tell Thibs to figure it out and stop playing Hart over him every time

I do hope we use one of the first-round picks to draft a player this year though. We lost a bunch of youth with Obi/RJ/Quickley and we're decent at drafting outside the lottery

1705589421691.png

I like Brown. Good player. I wanted him too but his contact was huge.

But I think the Pacers have to pay for half his contract going forward or something? Idk the details.

That would be an extremely enticing move to make.

I don't think Brown & Hart are a good fit together off the bench at all.

Also, I'd rather include one of the ****ty, protected late firsts in a trade than Grimes. Yes he's having a down year but he's still a fine defender shooting near 40% from three. And more importantly, if we're going to go superstar shopping in the summer we're going to need cheaper talent to fill out the roster.

front office picks 'em and the coach dismisses 'em should be the team motto

there's a longer list of casualties under this coach than success stories. that bothers me

my consistent rant has been that building around a coach intent on going full steam with a "win now mode" playoff lineup during the regular season is unsustainable one way or another. either you wear out your players bringing them closer to injury at the wrong time in the season or your other, younger players' development suffers.

Last edited:
my consistent rant has been that building around a coach intent on going full steam with a "win now mode" playoff lineup during the regular season is unsustainable one way or another. either you wear out your players bringing them closer to injury at the wrong time in the season or your other, younger players suffer.

Been the Thibs issue for the last decade +

I agree that Thib is running his favorites into the ground.

But we gave Grimes ALOT of opportunities. Starter, off the bench, etc. He's an inconsistent shooter, not as aggressive as he should be, but scrappy on defense.

now with this bs press about thibodeau being annoyed or whatever with grimes last season over a game - nothing like negative news to further lower the value of a player who was considered "untouchable" even a year ago. knicks looking all desperate to shop him

Back
Top Bottom