Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think we're good trade partners with the Wolves but I'd love to package Grimes with Fournier's salary + picks for a wing upgrade.

And pay Quickley.

gotta say i've been wrong about a few players over the last few years, but really wrong about quickley's development. he's become a very good player mostly every time he's asked to provide a boost.

he can now penetrate defenses with ease (his hesitation moves are becoming more confusing for defenders), his three point shooting has improved a lot and feels less impusive and his defense is underrated

Quickley minutes are almost always positive because of his defense. Seems like he's gaining chemistry with Brunson, too.

I'm interested to see what starting him for Grimes would look like. Slides Barrett down to the 3, and I think Grimes would be more involved with the bench that likes to push the pace.

cant really expect too much from grimes since all he does is spot up and shoot... so he gets the ball but rarely.... he has the same usage rate as a steve novak just not as accurate but better on defense...and speaking of defense he has to guard the best player on the other team every night but doesnt get that much touches pause...but when you compare him to mitch who gets the ball a lot less and is expected to play defense and rebound offers much more on the court than grimes...

Naw, Grimes does nothing that can’t be replaced. If he could at least shoot a decent percentage, sure, but even that he can’t do. Either he needs to come off the bench or he’s another Frank/Knox/Obi/etc.

I’ll admit, I was pushing to trade IQ over yr and half ago, but I think we should try and keep him.

I love the idea of moving RJ to the 2 , and moving grimes to bench. That makes our lineup a lil bigger, more mismatches depending who we place at the 3.

If not then, Maybe we can Package Randle + Fournier + 1 pick for Siakam and save IQ + Grimes + 2-3 picks for a potential Donovan trade so the final product of our team would look:

LINEUP
Mitch - Siakam - RJ - Donovan - Brunson

BENCH
Sims - Hartenstein - Hart - Donte - McBride

Last edited:
I like the idea of Siakam but I don’t think that lineup has enuff. Still think Don isn’t needed w/ JB. He always shrinks in the playoffs against him.

The dream that could be a thing; JB,RJ, Zhanos, OG, Mitch. Bench is mostly fleshed out w/ the 2 Wildcats and Hart.

Believe in both IQ & QG as pieces but Quick gonna cost more. He can get a bigger bag elsewhere & max his potential. Credit to the scouts, staff & ofc homie himself.

Bench; Deuce, DDv, Grimes, Hart, iHart
🙏 for a 10 man rotation
Hard for these end of the bench guys to get mins.

Tbh, Sims will be a better equipped backup pf than Josh Hart. He’s a defensive demon in today’s NBA w/ his foot speed on that end.

Hoping they can keep as many of the 21 draft as possible. Rokas included.
Otherwise, I’m riding w/ these guys.

I’ll admit, I was pushing to trade IQ over yr and half ago, but I think we should try and keep him.

I love the idea of moving RJ to the 2 , and moving grimes to bench. That makes our lineup a lil bigger, more mismatches depending who we place at the 3.

If not then, Maybe we can Package Randle + Fournier + 1 pick for Siakam and save IQ + Grimes + 2-3 picks for a potential Donovan trade so the final product of our team would look:

LINEUP
Mitch - Siakam - RJ - Donovan - Brunson

BENCH
Sims - Hartenstein - Hart - Donte - McBride

got a rep for mentioning Deuce lmfao

assuming we don't make any moves, they need to plug in DVV/Hart into the starting lineup in place of Grimes. both make plays, can be a secondary ball handler to give Brunson a break on some possessions, and allows Grimes more freedom with the 2nd unit. if you look at the mpg, Grimes is behind Hart anyway.

just above mid which is exactly where the knicks are positioned at the moment

grimes looks like he's lost all his confidence. doesn't know what to do on either end

Back
Top Bottom