Official '24 NYK off-season thread; Give them a standing ovation

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t get me wrong it’s great for the team…

He’s already a hero, this would make him a legend.

Just not a fan of giving billionaires discounts.
Well it’s not so much giving Dolan a discount, it’s locking in more money for him at a lower rate to win a ring. He might want to just kick in another hundred mill and never have to worry again for anything in life.

Brunson deserves every dime and I hope he cashes out. If he does take a discount they better pay him under the table or give him some stocks in something to compensate him.

Well it’s not so much giving Dolan a discount, it’s locking in more money for him at a lower rate to win a ring. He might want to just kick in another hundred mill and never have to worry again for anything in life.

It’s a salary cap league. So it’s the leagues fault for structuring it this way.

But all the owners will look at this as a huge win. It sets a precedent for them since the new CBA went into place.

It’s a salary cap league. So it’s the leagues fault for structuring it this way.

But all the owners will look at this as a huge win. It sets a precedent for them since the new CBA went into place.
Agreed. But it’s not like the owners orchestrated something here with Brunson wanting to extend. That’s just a player’s choice at the end of the day. I’m sure he’ll make a ton from endorsement deals. He’ll be on every bus come October.

Keeping this team together is better than going after star.

I’d only do it if Randle isn’t worth committing too beyond this contract. And I def wouldn’t trade Mitch or Deuce with Randle.

I also believe Brunson understands how much the Knicks valued him. They offered him about $40 million more than Dallas was willing to pay, and despite media criticism, the Knicks stood by their decision and doubled down. All these factors influence people's decisions.

Obviously, he is not obligated to do anything. He has earned his contract so far. I would hope he could get a max contract, but if he chooses to sign a team-friendly deal, I would hope he gets compensated on the back end.

Brunson sees how well former legends still respect and appreciate this organization, I think that helps him with his decision to do what it takes to build a winner in NY

Anyone ever do the flex plan? Spoke to an associate and she made it seem like I could get two tickets to seven games of my choosing in the 100s if I book as soon as they become available

I think we should be looking to add 1 more starter. Not saying an All Star player, but just 1 more person who can score or guard at a high level. Everyone is happy staying put based on the current rosters across the league, but all it takes is a playoff team making a crazy trade or having a monster offseason signing free agents for the narrative to shift. You gotta be ahead of the league, not parallel

I think we should be looking to add 1 more starter. Not saying an All Star player, but just 1 more person who can score or guard at a high level. Everyone is happy staying put based on the current rosters across the league, but all it takes is a playoff team making a crazy trade or having a monster offseason signing free agents for the narrative to shift. You gotta be ahead of the league, not parallel

i dont think we need another starter. Brunson, DVV, OG, Randle, and IHart is a good 5. we need a scoring wing off the bench and a guy like Jerami Grant that can defend the athletic PFs. the series shifted when Siakam didn't have OG locking him up. as good of a defender and effort guy Josh Hart is, he's only 6'5. Deuce being our 6'1 scorer off the bench wasn't going to cut it either. DVV, OG, and IHart are the hustle guys that can put up some points while Brunson and Randle can put up 30 a night easily.

Back
Top Bottom