Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grimes needs to work on his shot and nothing else all offseason.

If he's not out there chucking 5-7 3s a game and making it at least 35% of the time, he's replaceable.

As great as JB has been, I was definitely on and off the train last year [notably all aboard early on] but IQ (& Deuce ofc) was the main reason I wavered near the end.
He is a starting caliber talent. It’s going to be interesting to see if he gets any offers from another org to put the ball in his hands.

That’s also why I tend to see him & Obi as key pieces to a big name acquisition. They both need bigger roles. They not getting that here in NY behind JB & Dubious.

Don’t think BK will entertain Bridges the way he’s playing. They can make a good turnaround sooner than expected.

Grant. I want Grant for Obi and IQ if some contracts and talent needs to help; S&T and alladat.

And then I want Burks back too to complete the roster. I don’t think many or even any teams wanna see them if they pull that kind of coup.
Grimes has all defense written all over and y’all seriously need to chill on him as well.

This **** is disgusting really.

Idc if anyone laughes or doesn’t take me seriously but this is some low level 🏀 IQ on here on a nightly basis.

Dudes really need to calm it down.
Cmon B you’ve got to be trolling with that IQ and Obi for Grant. If anything IQ might be cheaper to keep than RJ and he’s more valuable to the team than RJ by FAR!

You can say all you want about RJs game suffering because of this and that player but the really good players adapt to the players around them and adjust their game. We’ve been making excuses as to why RJ hasn’t taken that jump since jump. He’s young enough and been in the league long enough to where the excuse “he’s used to this and that” shouldn’t be valid anymore.

But just like how we used Frank wrong, we use RJ wrong too, right? And I’m guessing Dallas is using Frank wrong too and don’t know what they have either, right?

So in summary RJ will only be good if he’s the 1st or 2nd option on a team, even though he’s not good enough to be the 1st or 2nd option on any team with serious playoff aspirations, got it

i think some of yall are expecting too much from RJ, but i get it. he was the 3rd overall pick, so you want him to be an all-star by now. however, we're winning with him as the 3rd option. as long as we keep winning, and he can get his efficiency up a bit and defend better, i'm cool with him hovering around 18-20ppg. we are one of three teams that have 3 players averaging 19.5ppg or better. if we were losing and he was putting up these numbers as the #1 option, i'm right there with you. but he's playing his role and we're winning.

If he can just start making his 3s at the rate he was making them last 2 years towards the end of each year which was about 40% this wouldn’t even be debated.

Edit: I think he needs to look at the way Slow Mo Anderson plays and craft his dribbling moves to that. He’s not explosive we know that. But that also means that once he can figure out a more consistent way to score points he can do it as he gets older since he won’t depend that athleticism to maintain it. RJ and Mitch are still some of the best draft picks we had in the last 2 decades. I know that’s depressing but both are producing.

Cmon B you’ve got to be trolling with that IQ and Obi for Grant. If anything IQ might be cheaper to keep than RJ and he’s more valuable to the team than RJ by FAR!
No, I’m not trying to troll whatsoever by suggesting that a combination of IQ and Obi is an attractive offer for an upcoming FA.

A team gets 2 young high talents that can start in exchange for a FA they may or may not get over the hump with.

What about that is so hard to perceive? I don’t understand how mans can sit there and watch these games and continue to undervalue the crop that they have here.

No player, savant or other, is a complete product at these ages. Calm ya little clittles for once & ‘memba before all the gushing over IQ last night that he had the pitchforks out last year too.

Earlier this szn the village 🤡 waterboy couldn’t understand why Thibs would play him, let alone start, him earlier in the year [easily top 5 worst takes imo but I digress].

You value IQ higher? Ok

The only ones I would trade is grimes and obi... RJ if we can get jaylen brown or booker... I don't see how mikal bridges would be a big upgrade over RJ and I doubt the nets would do a trade with us

My ‘chip for this szn is 50 wins.

If so, they’ve arrived a year early.

I was trying to look up my first projection for 45 but then I was reminded of this exchange
AECB862D-4126-4EFE-A58E-BADD1373931F.jpeg

6225903B-A1C3-4C35-8CB9-455B424E7C17.jpeg

:lol:

i havent been in here much bc of work fatigue but we been watching

IMG_1572.jpg

also idc idc idc idc

IMG_1580.jpg

Already purchased his jersey. Still waiting for package. Expectation date next month :smh:

Hopefully it arrives early so i can wear it on Eid day :pimp:

F283772F-F6B9-431E-BB48-89779176738B.gif

This jersey I purchased

yea i need one of them too. Whered you cop from?

I saw Frank ****ty get some burn the other night and couldn't believe he was still in the league. Figured he be smoking peyote in Montana with F. Phil Jackson by now :smh:

I saw Frank ****ty get some burn the other night and couldn't believe he was still in the league. Figured he be smoking peyote in Montana with F. Phil Jackson by now :smh:
To his credit, his PR team is A+.

Every year during the off season he had some good footage and workouts that nade people believe it was the year.

That PR team kept that dude hetting checks.

yea i need one of them too. Whered you cop from?

Fanatics

I often purchase jerseys/kits from team official shop sites

I just want to have a Hart swingman jersey so I didn't really want to pay full price for it :lol:

I decided to give Fanatics a try by using coupon during the Presidents' Day weekend

I put authentic on hold until we make the Finals. The last authentic Knicks jersey I purchased was KP :frown:

To his credit, his PR team is A+.

Every year during the off season he had some good footage and workouts that nade people believe it was the year.

That PR team kept that dude hetting checks.
They A+plus plus if them pr videos make people forget what they see night in night out during the season.

Fanatics

I often purchase jerseys/kits from team official shop sites

I just want to have a Hart swingman jersey so I didn't really want to pay full price for it :lol:

I decided to give Fanatics a try by using coupon during the Presidents' Day weekend

I put authentic on hold until we make the Finals. The last authentic Knicks jersey I purchased was KP :frown:

Ain't nothing wrong with a swingman especially if you won't wear it a lot ....I wanted to cop a black brunson jersey but not trying to pay full price lol... I copped a swingman sprewell instead

i think some of yall are expecting too much from RJ, but i get it. he was the 3rd overall pick, so you want him to be an all-star by now. however, we're winning with him as the 3rd option. as long as we keep winning, and he can get his efficiency up a bit and defend better, i'm cool with him hovering around 18-20ppg. we are one of three teams that have 3 players averaging 19.5ppg or better. if we were losing and he was putting up these numbers as the #1 option, i'm right there with you. but he's playing his role and we're winning.
exactly-young-dylan.gif

Back
Top Bottom