Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given Leon's actions during his tenure, I wouldn't be surprised if they approached the trade deadline with the understanding that it was a one-year rental. It seems the goal was to offload RJ's salary (given his poor fit in the system and inefficient shooting) and IQ (since they weren't prepared to pay him as the sixth man). Perhaps Leon is aiming to acquire a disgruntled superstar or pursuing other players during the offseason (sign and trade?). This is just my intuition.

ya that was my only complain with OG before the trade was even made was his durability... if you look at his career hes hurt a lot...hes a really good player but if hes not available then its not helpful for the team... we should resign him but should put some clauses in his contract based on health kinda like zion

Last edited:
Given Leon's actions during his tenure, I wouldn't be surprised if they approached the trade deadline with the understanding that it was a one-year rental. It seems the goal was to offload RJ's salary (given his poor fit in the system and inefficient shooting) and IQ (since they weren't prepared to pay him as the sixth man). Perhaps Leon is aiming to acquire a disgruntled superstar or pursuing other players during the offseason (sign and trade?). This is just my intuition.

I would’ve been cool with this if everyone was healthy and we went on a legitimate run. Tbh, it looked like we were finals bound for a min, but then everything fell apart and the rental is looking like a bad deal.

Team has a 3-5 year window, so what’s the harm in locking everyone up for it and giving it a go? This is a damn good team when healthy and it’s young enough to last a few years.

“When healthy” is the key. OG definitely elevates this team. I’m not denying that. My issue is giving him that kind of money only to be injured when we need him. Kind of useless if he’s not playing in the playoffs. Granted this is his first season with us, but he’s had injury problems his whole career.

:sick::lol: at thinking using a thesaurus to make your sentences prettier can mask the still dumb*** conclusions about basketball.

*refresh to continue ignore*

Well there's that.

Stick with the small ball lineups and make the best of it. Gonna have to give some guys off the bench more time so the others can rest a bit.

It was pretty clear when they weren’t giving us any updates on him the last two weeks.

This team is still good enough to make things happen in the post season with a healthy OG.

We’ll see what happens. Hurts tho.

There was a chance he’d return so that was the option they took. Not healing as well as hoped smh.

Surgery would’ve ended his szn then so it’ll be interesting if he decides to go back to that or if it’s even necessary still.

wouldn't be surprised if we had a first round exit... well at least we have closure on randle coming back smh

Back
Top Bottom