Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

I use olive oil conditioner in the shower and then alive cream when I get out.

Scalp feeling luxurious

any suggestions on the type i should buy?

Plenty of good stuff out there. The best stuff I'd recommend should help your hair keep its curl, since that's what waves basically are. Any Shea moisture shampoos, cold label makes a decent shampoo. Stay away from stuff that strips your hair like head and shoulders. That might be why your hair is overly dry. Unless you have scalp issues, go with something less harsh IMO.

So I've had waves for years. However, I've never been able to come in full on the left side and very front. My barber told me that I have cowlicks. So does this mean I have to brush these spots in different directions to get the waves to come? Or am I just assed out? Would using wave grease help? Because I just use water.

The back I brush down and the top and sides I brush forward.

Last edited:
Most wavers have weak sides. You just have to prioritize that side much more.

And +1 on As I Am Doublebutter. It's like $12 to $15 but worth it.

Last edited:
Most wavers have weak sides. You just have to prioritize that side much more.

And +1 on As I Am Doublebutter. It's like $12 to $15 but worth it.

I went back to using cold label which i like since its good quality and black owned. Is the double butter a pomade consistancy too?

I went back to using cold label which i like since its good quality and black owned. Is the double butter a pomade consistancy too?

Double butter is like a thicker creamy consistency. Cold label is a true pomade. I would still keep an actual pomade on hand just for hold. I use both.

So I've had waves for years. However, I've never been able to come in full on the left side and very front. My barber told me that I have cowlicks. So does this mean I have to brush these spots in different directions to get the waves to come? Or am I just assed out? Would using wave grease help? Because I just use water.

The back I brush down and the top and sides I brush forward.

Sounds like water isn't effective enough to hold your hair down. Brush more in the areas you are having problems with and try a pomade.

Last edited:
@sharpshooter718
 How did that work out for you? I wolfed for six weeks. I went all of May and got my hair cut on June 12th. 
I'm NEVER wolfing that long again. :lol:  
it wasn't too bad... I kept my Durag on all month only when I got off the train at work did I take it off,... Washed my hair every night or at least conditioned it... I cut it down to a 1 about 3 weeks ago I technically starting over but the waves are still spinning. My barber saw I had a mini Afro. He cut it down and said"you have forever waves"... I told em nothing but natural juices and berries!! Lol . I'm gonna keep it at a 2 and a half and trim it every week to keep it manageable... Going 4-6 weeks is crazy when your starting at a 2...

If you have forks in your waves, comb your hair before brushing. It held with the lost connections

Back
Top Bottom