OFFICIAL Adidas Crazy 1; Adidas Kobe 1 Retro

The email said that it was currently out of stock and that "demand for this item has exceeded our expectations and our inventory is depleted."

Last edited:
Nevermind they cancelled my order...damn I wish I woulda ordered from nicekicks last night!

Last edited:
im glad i didnt pass up the nice kicks sale now..i doubled up in a 10 and dont think my boy even wants them anymore so just pm ..just pay the 85 or whatever they were + shipping

Glad I still went through with my pys order.

Anyways got them today. I forgot how comfortable these were! So Damn snug.. I wear an 11 in my jordans and kobe 4s and these feel great. Just a lot of padding.

Only downside there were a couple little creases but that's no biggie and one of my lace caps were flat instead of round.

Overall very happy I have these in my shoe collection again

Looks 9/10 mainly for the laces
Comfort 10/10 most comfortable shoes I've put on in a long time

Anyways got them today. I forgot how comfortable these were! So Damn snug.. I wear an 11 in my jordans and kobe 4s and these feel great. Just a lot of padding.

Only downside there were a couple little creases but that's no biggie and one of my lace caps were flat instead of round.

What size did you end up ordering? true to size or u went half size up or down?

What size did you end up ordering? true to size or u went half size up or down?

Ended up changing it to an 11. Instead of going up aa half size. Glad I did.

Btw...would the standard waterproofer u get at footlocker work on these?

Ended up changing it to an 11. Instead of going up aa half size. Glad I did.

Btw...would the standard waterproofer u get at footlocker work on these?
lol dang. your sizing kinda weird.

seems like TTS of nike basketball signatures.

I guess they arnt as big as people thought

Wonder if nicekicks.com will honor the 'afterxmas' discount code after hearing that social status cancelled theirs. Any info?

Did PYS ever email you an update for your order?

this is so crazy. while i dont know whats going on with regards to the retail front but like many of you guys i didnt really expect these shoes to sell out online very quickly. i realized i spent a few extra bucks on my first pair but that was because i wanted them asap and spending 20 bucks more wasnt a big deal for me. i had definitely expected those people who were going to wait it out til prices went down to fully get their pairs at a big discount. but i guess thats looking like its going to backfire on you which sucks.

however on a secondary note (and some of you who have not bought these may feel a bit better knowing this), these new crazy 1s, do not have adiprene+ like the originals. how do i know? well i don't know for fact, i do know that no where on the adidas website is there mention of adiprene or adiprene+. also, on the previous crazy 1 and original the kobe models, there was an adiprene+ stamp on the rim of the sole of the shoe which is nowhere to be found on the current release. now adidas does state on their website that shoe has injected eva foam to the midsole and it maybe a "better" version of adiprene or maybe even "boost" tech but this is something that is definitely missing in the shoe.

so to summarize here are obvious differences....

"sunshine" yellow color is not the same as original. it isn't as laker gold but is more of a yellow
the laces are thicker and without metal lace tips
the half-shell toe is colored differently
the midsole is charcoal grey instead of black
the sole herringbone design is different. it is a thinner pattern than the original
the sole does not make any mention of adiprene+ like the original
the insole is non-removable

Im pretty sure the og midsole wasnt black either no?

I think this is why i passed on them when they came out originally

I could be wrong though

But no adiprene sucks

The og insole sucked *** tho. A switch made the shoe way more comfortable.

But yea that yellow on the retro makes the shoe look dirty yellow. Not cool

Last edited:
jnNyDVm59wtSu.jpg

another CW for crazy 1 i'm guessing this one for all star weekend?

Im pretty sure the og midsole wasnt black either no?

I think this is why i passed on them when they came out originally

I could be wrong though

But no adiprene sucks

The og insole sucked *** tho. A switch made the shoe way more comfortable.

But yea that yellow on the retro makes the shoe look dirty yellow. Not cool

the og midsole imo was more or less black. it certainly wasnt this charcoal grey.

View media item 714421
i know youre not trying to pick a fight over this but i'd say then more accurately that the og midsole was black with gray paint flecks.

starting to worry about my nicekicks order now..has anyone ever ordered from them..how long do they usually take to email shipment confirmation?

OG midsole was a dark charcoal. I haven't seen the retro in person but I had the OGs.

Back
Top Bottom