Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Are you talking about original retail prices or current prices as of today? Because if you're still seeing the D Rose 5 for more than the 6 that store will sit on them forever.

Chain stores like Footlocker and Finishline dropped prices a few months ago. I barely see any 5s around anymore and have seen them hit outlets.
based on the UK store posted by someone few posts back. DR5 is at 90pound, DR6 at 65pound. but honestly DR5 looks way better than DR6. And owning a DR5 and a Superfly 2, i can say other than the BOOST, Adidas material is at least 2 years behind Nike., both shoes pretty much used the same upper material (for my DR5) and are 2 years apart. This year they are shifting from Fuse back to Rubber. My opinion is Fuse doesn't distort after time while Rubber gets weaker and tend to shift around more while playing. But everyone's saying DR6 is miles ahead of DR5 while i think it's just the extra BOOST DR6 has, which i think is abit overrated, it does give good bounce of cushion but it's not like walking on cloud 9.

i really don't get Adidas sometimes. they show future models for certain shoes way too fast. how is this gonna help them sell the DRose 6 if the image of the 7 starts to float around.
i think DR6 didn't sell as good as Jordan & UA, so they decided to launch a new model earlier since Adidas don't really facelift their models like Nike does.

I'm a Chicago guy and Bulls fan like you so this bothers me a bit considering I've been able to pick up pretty much all of his on court colorways until the 6. Not liking the solid out sole versions of the retail pairs he's been wearing.
i usually get the on court colorways too. it sucks that you would have to do a custom to make the black/white ones he wears which are my favorite on court colorway of the 6.

i have stuck to the red "Brenda" Christmas colorways for the most part because i like red shoes. this year when they said the Christmas one was going to be green i just went with something different since i liked the Halloween colorway. besides these 6's i have the 2.5 L train Brenda and the red 5 Woven.

Last edited:
7s will need to grow on me. Not feeling the 3 stripe placement. Liked how it was on the OG Crazy Light Boost. Looks different as a whole though. 6s were love at first sight, will grab some more until then.

7s will need to grow on me. Not feeling the 3 stripe placement. Liked how it was on the OG Crazy Light Boost. Looks different as a whole though. 6s were love at first sight, will grab some more until then.
i had to google it since you mentioned the 7. looks comfy but the tongue looks like shriveled ball skin. lol. the red colorway with the icy sole is off the edge of all the pictures. i want to see those.

Last edited:
I've been a fan of the Drose line since the 2.5s, I've gotten at least one pair of each model since...but that 7 looks horrid in my opinion. I want to like, hopefully they release better coloroways. To me aesthetically it looks a lot like a Lebron shoe, and I've always thought those looked pretty ugly. That wrinkly upper is what kills it for me. I really hope this is just an early prototype and it gets changed along the way.

the 7 just look like mutombo kicks...
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't think I've ever had a positive first reaction to a leaked image of a Rose Signature model ever...they always seem to portray the shoe as ugly as possible...

I honestly didn't expect another rose model at all ever, however it ticks all the tech boxes and prob performs like a beast.
Just ordered some d rose 6's since they are half price atm

It'll be interesting to see how Adidas handles their signature lines going forward especially with Rose no longer being a premier all star player, unfortunately. Harden looks to be the future of the brand, Wall a free agent, Wiggins getting the PG-13 treatment(once the Kyrie treatment before getting his own sig) and of course Lillard with the budget friendly model.

Not feeling these 7's at all right now. They look like Trail shoes to me. Also when is Adidas going to offer Boost in colors other than white? I know they want to get people familiar with there technology but it seems like a huge wasted opportunity. Saw a pair of blacked out Ultra Boosts and they looked amazing. I would buy them right now if I didn't have to DIY.

Lord have mercy, those crazy explosives!!@&...... I said I would not buy anymore high top bball shoes, going to probably get these

I might be in the minority right now but I love the look the D.Rose 7 but I like bulkier shoes tho 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
well, at least they don't come out till fall. the dates on most of those colorways for the rose 7's are like August/October. so we get a while for the style to grow on us and i don't have to worry about spending money on them for a while.

Last edited:
The 7 looks like it needs to be very carefully laced at the last few eyelets, much like the 6.  One of the things I didn't like about the 6 was the need to really lock down and secure the laces at the top of the tongue.  A minor issue I know, just saying.

It's a marketing technique, Adidas want us to buy more D-Rose 6. It's pretty efficient, the Rose 7 prototype is really ugly!
roll.gif

It's good strategy. I love the 6 and plan to stock up anyways but I'm sure the 7 will grow on me and end up getting a pair or two (under retail of course haha).

Last edited:
I am loving that Solar Yellow Rose 7 & that White/blue pair of Crazy Explosives! Gonna have to snag that Rose when it comes out!!!

Back
Top Bottom