Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

So does DRose quietly have the GOAT Adidas bball shoe line?

Design wise, just 3 duds to me (8,9,10 are all awful imo) and to me, 3 classic performance shoes (1, 6, and 7, 3’s not bad)

Your spot on with the 6 & 7 being classic performance shoes! Played in the black/red 6s and LOVED THOSE! Moved onto the black/blue knit 7s (also have the solar red and the bright yellow knits as well). Played a ton in those (when I was playing) and loved them even more. Traction was superb. Felt super confident making cuts. Man I loved the 7s! They may be the best of his line.

Would like to pick up the 11s in the neon yellow for old times sake. Bought the Star Wars 10 and they are rather comfy. Don't buy shoes much like I used to but I always want to represent and back D Rose! Always made my one Sixers game I went to when the Bulls came to town to watch him. Man is a warrior for everything he's gone through. Only wish the Sixers had grabbed him on trade a few years back. Would have bought a Sixers Rose jersey ASAP!

^i liked the Star Wars 10’s a decent amount but admittedly slept on them. Rose 11 is a nice design, but as Duke has covered, icy!!

Eastbay didn't release the red Rose 1? They were suppose to get those and the Tmac but they disappeared.

plus he got the casual y3 treatment on the which i rock all the time
the Y3 5s? how are those? would the upper be any good for hooping? the leather looks great.

and on that note, I think the 5s are great performance-wise as well - especially the ones with the fabric upper (brendas, christmas). containment is great, and if you swap out the insole for the older PU insole/wear thicker socks, there isn't excess toe volume either. I like the 6s, but I love the 5s (haven't had the tried the 7s). Favourite is the 1.5 though.

the Y3 5s? how are those? would the upper be any good for hooping? the leather looks great.

and on that note, I think the 5s are great performance-wise as well - especially the ones with the fabric upper (brendas, christmas). containment is great, and if you swap out the insole for the older PU insole/wear thicker socks, there isn't excess toe volume either. I like the 6s, but I love the 5s (haven't had the tried the 7s). Favourite is the 1.5 though.

They'd take a series break in time, that front toe leather is some thick leather, everything else is exactly like the regular 5s

^i liked the Star Wars 10’s a decent amount but admittedly slept on them. Rose 11 is a nice design, but as Duke has covered, icy!!

I missed the Star Wars pair too but got lucky on eBay for a DS pair for $70. Couldn't pass it up (this was back in March of last year. I missed what duke40 duke40 said about the Rose 11? Care to do a synopsis?

He said (and I will agree from trying them) that the traction is terrible. It’s literally awful. Jordan 31 level bad for me.

05fordgt 05fordgt yeah, traction is terrible on the translucent at least. It was so bad I didn’t want to try another color but I may when they hit discounts. Cushioning felt great but the containment wasn’t there either - felt like my feet were constantly sliding and moving above and below.

05fordgt 05fordgt yeah, traction is terrible on the translucent at least. It was so bad I didn’t want to try another color but I may when they hit discounts. Cushioning felt great but the containment wasn’t there either - felt like my feet were constantly sliding and moving above and below.

Thanks Brian. Really only want these for causal wear once the neon green pair goes on sale. I said I'm don't buying and I'm sticking to it, but I will ALWAYS support D Rose. 👍🙏

What's the sizing like on the 2.5s and 3s? I especially remember reading about excess toe volume on the 2.5s, but I'm not sure if it was because they ran long or because they were wide.

What's the sizing like on the 2.5s and 3s? I especially remember reading about excess toe volume on the 2.5s, but I'm not sure if it was because they ran long or because they were wide.

3s are narrow and wind up hurting my foot, didn't try them again til the 5 and 6 which had a much better fit

photo_2021-03-19_15-59-57.jpg

broke these out today and got reminded of how fun they are

Back
Top Bottom