Official AFC West 2011 Season Thread | Week 17: Denver, Oakland to the wire; #1DEN #1OAK #4SD #4KC

-Raiders first beat themselves up with penalties, then let Tom Brady finish them off in style. Seymour set a bad example at the worst possible time against his old team. What could we have gained if we had won? League-wide respect, discussions among the AFC elite, a for sure bid into the playoffs? Who knows. Now we're left back in the middle of the pack and looking for a W against Houston and hopefully some relief against the Browns and Chiefs before heading into the bye. Fortunately, there's so many more games to go.

-Chiefs, Broncos remain at the bottom. Saw that the Broncos are on an eight game losing streak on the road, thought that would be something to look over and discuss. And what is it I'm hearing/reading about Cassel and Haley?

-Chargers with a winning record to start the season, good for them. So long as Philip is in charge there I can't count them out right away. Then again, so long as Norv is coaching there maybe I can.

Not sure of what to think of the divisions so far...

IMO, Raiders have looked most impressive.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the Chargers haven't looked that great, they could have a losing record if not for a couple of plays here and there.

Denver will continue to be hurt by their quarterback play.

KC
grin.gif
 too early to tell what our season is going to look like, looked somewhat decent against SD, didn't look bad against Minnesota. We need a win against Indy going into the bye week and then hopefully we'll be prepared to go into Oakland. The next two games are definitely winnable to get us back to .500

Week 5 updates:

-Great win for us. I wasn't able to watch the game on TV, but was tracking it on ESPN's gamecast and freaking out when I saw our penalties giving the Texans a shot at the endzone. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank God for Michael Huff. Homie came up huge when we needed him to.

After waking up to Al's death, the team seems different to me. It truly does feel like a part of our identity is lost. Now that we'll be looking at Mark to handle the franchise I expect some necessary changes to occur, including turning our defense into one that will be difficult for opposing teams to prepare for. I'm sure we're all tired of seeing the man on man play we've always used when most of our CB's aren't capable of playing that way. I'm hoping that by next season we'll see a mobile defense and a plug in the middle for run defense and give RoMac a chance to perform without worrying about the run all the time.

-Chargers continue to stumble into victories, which is the only positive thing they have going for them at this point. Seasons before they played similarly but would be losing in the beginning. I was hoping Denver would be able to use that home field mystique of their's to beat them, but I guess Mile High won't be overwhelming for other teams for a good while.

-Chiefs seem to be getting their stuff together, good for them. After their bye they have must wins against us and San Diego if they want any part of the conversation for the AFC West crown.

ok you Raider punks. its raider hater week and im taking sig bets.

who want to man up and accept my challenge? palmer is starting for yall scrubs.

you gotta keep the sig for a week, just like last year.

I see your proposal and will consider it if others don't answer by Friday. I'll be posting the bet on the first page for the record.

yo, check the chiefs/raiders game thread. we agreed on a bet. let me know if anyone else wants in on this. NT is gonna be full of new chiefs fans come sunday night.

Checked the thread out, now the bet is recorded and on the front page. I will update the result after the game finishes. Anyone else want in on it?

Chargers vs. Chiefs. My notes going into the game tonight:

-I've got VJax, Ryan Mathews and Steve Breaston going tonight and I'm down 44 points in my league. With Tolbert out, Mathews better kill it.
-I'd like to see a high scoring game that has the Chiefs nudging past the Chargers, tying all three of us up essentially for the division lead. Hopefully KC can deliver (any info you can give us for this game, Tai?)
-How bad is Philip doing? Stats aside, are his picks all his fault or are his receivers ****ing him up? I'm gonna try to keep a close eye on things.
-Who are the targets going to be tonight for Cassel? Was last week's blanking of the Raiders due more to Oakland not having an offense or KC taking it away?
-Whoever wins tonight is going to be the team to chase the rest of the season on. KC is fighting through their injuries impressively and SD has been winning despite playing like ****, they can only get better from here.

I hope my boys win and win big. Philip has been playing poorly but I would say half his INTs are either tipped balls/bad luck/WRs fault.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

I hope my boys win and win big. Philip has been playing poorly but I would say half his INTs are either tipped balls/bad luck/WRs fault.

Agreed. I'm not worried about Philip. Philip has been carrying this team forever, somebody eventually has to give the guy a break so he's not doing too much. Hopefully that's Ryan Mathews today. Regardless, if this is the official thread for the game, I am checking in for better or for worse, I've been MIA in gameday threads. 1st place is up for grabs tonight.

Sidenote I was at the season opener last year but didn't get to make it this year. KC fans are alright. I was the only charger fan in sight and a group of chiefs fans randomly went and haggled the concession stand for their last trash bag for me to wear when it was raining. I was only wearing a tshirt. Hadn't even talked to them, they just did it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Chargers vs. Chiefs. My notes going into the game tonight:

-I've got VJax, Ryan Mathews and Steve Breaston going tonight and I'm down 44 points in my league. With Tolbert out, Mathews better kill it.
-I'd like to see a high scoring game that has the Chiefs nudging past the Chargers, tying all three of us up essentially for the division lead. Hopefully KC can deliver (any info you can give us for this game, Tai?)
-How bad is Philip doing? Stats aside, are his picks all his fault or are his receivers ****ing him up? I'm gonna try to keep a close eye on things.
-Who are the targets going to be tonight for Cassel? Was last week's blanking of the Raiders due more to Oakland not having an offense or KC taking it away?
-Whoever wins tonight is going to be the team to chase the rest of the season on. KC is fighting through their injuries impressively and SD has been winning despite playing like ****, they can only get better from here.

Honestly if its not the WR *#$+%@! him up, its the oline. However he has had some throws that are slightly off. I think he's injured..

So, if we win with the Chiefs and Chargers losing, we'll be leading our division correct?

Notes:

-Can't believe Carson's picks. You have three picks against you and you let Tebow beat you. Ridulous.
-300 rushing yards nearly to them, when we were allowing a little over three per carry over the past three games going into this one. Unacceptable.
-How are you not prepared for this Denver offense? Shocking.

I don't know what else to say. We insist on making things as hard as possible on ourselves. This team lacks discipline, plain and simple.

Division notes:

-KC must have the worst home field in the NFL. They never win at home, ever.
-Denver running that option and still getting W's. Have to wonder how much longer it will work, or if the option is here to stay.
-When will Vincent Jackson step up? I realize Rivers isn't having the season he should be having, but my man does not give it his all when he's out there. He took that contract and said goodbye.
-Cassel being out does not change anything for the Chiefs, they still were going to get slaughtered with the end of that schedule.
-The division is ridiculously competitive, and not for the right reasons.

Back
Top Bottom