Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

Isnt Saks preorder based on what they ordered though? Meaning if they ordered 10 pairs of size 11s, only 10 ppl can get them? Versus ALD where everyone who got their size got the shoes. NB not a fan of it because depending on how many orders there are, they may have to source more materials and if in some cases the material is custom developed, it’s more work for NB. Also, it would cut into them making stuff for their own site and other retailer partners.
All of this.

Disagree. I find the vendor they're using for the returns and exchange process to be super convenient. Website is just basic Shopify, which causes no complaints except when it gets botted.

Very inconvenient if you live by them.
No in-store credit is a joke.
I needed to return some pants; they did not have them in store but did online.

I had to get an online gift-card and purchase them online and pay for shipping again. Any other store would’ve placed the order for you through their system.

I had to get an online gift-card and purchase them online and pay for shipping again. Any other store would’ve placed the order for you through their system.
Yeah, that's annoying because they actually are using Shopify for both online and in-store.

Yeah, that's annoying because they actually are using Shopify for both online and in-store.

It’s been 2 weeks and still no store credit from a return I did.

I don’t think wait time is that bad? Especially considering factory may have closed for some time and most likely not at 100% capacity even if open. For the upcoming F/W season, buyers for stores would have to finalize orders usually from late Jan to early March depending on brand for delivery in September/October.
i work in menswear e-commerce and even for us, no matter what the brand, when it comes to pre-orders there’s usually a 6-7 month wait even if it’s a small run (double or triple digits).

now imagine new balance having to pump out three to four digit pre-ordered pairs on top of the pairs ald already ordered to have in stock for the official release and trying to keep up the pace with everything else they make. during a pandemic at that while not at 100% capacity like you said. these aren’t pre-made t-shirt blanks that they can just add a screen print and be done with, it still takes a human to fully assemble these sneakers. once all the pairs are made they still have to be shipped out to the ald warehouse where they need to be unboxed, organized by style and size, then they can start printing out the invoices to pull these orders and start packing and shipping, and there are only so many hours in a workday for a number of people to pack and ship orders.

Last edited:
Would you consider a Size medium? I know someone that is selling their pair DS, I was surprised when you said you copped XL, considering your ALD top size, also congrats on the weight loss!

Ive always had pretty big legs, so I generally size up in pants. Medium might be too small for me, I think I would need a larger but not really feeling the wide leg thing anyways. As always I appreciate you bro!

EA out, ALD recommending full size down. I’ve always done half down in these but it’s been a while. Anyone recommendations?

This finally arrived
1617317924252.jpeg

My new era fit fine then I cut my hair and now my ears go under it.. smh if I sized down the hat woulda gave me a headache

Back
Top Bottom