Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

ALD should be fulfilling all 1300s before shipping today’s drop. **** don’t make sense but whatever.

Everything from today’s drop is from a completely different factory and handled completely differently by ALD (preorder vs general release). Makes sense to me.

Low stock loaded at least on the shoes for the general drop. Like really low. I think that's why there were so many W's from the raffles, and probably the intention.
As much I hate raffles because I often don't hit, I think it is the right way to go for high demand releases. It beats a fcfs release, especially shopify, where a lot of pairs usually end up in the hands of a few botters.

I'm also assuming that because ALD ran multiple raffles (Top Tier, EA, GR), genuine customers and the general public cannot be too mad at them.

Perhaps the only odd thing about this 550 release was that based on the number of people getting Ws, some might have assumed that there was going to be a ton of these 550s on the fcfs release when most of the stock had probably already been raffled off.

Last edited:
As much I hate raffles because I often don't hit, I think it is the right way to go for high demand releases. It beats a fcfs release, especially shopify, where a lot of pairs usually end up in the hands of a few botters.

I'm also assuming that because ALD ran multiple raffles (Top Tier, EA, GR), genuine customers and the general public cannot be too mad at them.

Perhaps the only odd thing about this 550 release was that based on the number of people getting Ws, some might have assumed that there was going to be a ton of these 550s on the fcfs release when most of the stock had probably already been raffled off.
The way things played out, and just the number of W’s from the raffles, made me think this was all intentional. You can’t stop resellers from entering the raffles, and maybe they have multiple accounts or other family members helping them, but ultimately they aren’t going to have the same power or flexibility to cop multiple pairs through the use of a bot. I don’t have a confirmed number but I think pairs were only released in the double digits today. Truthfully, that was the reseller allocation. Yes, there were still Ls taken from genuine enthusiasts, but a good majority of people that wanted them got at least one pair through what seemed like 4 levels of raffles. I can’t think of another raffle release in recent memory that blessed so many people. Hopefully we see more blessings as Teddy establishes his influence further in his upcoming role.

The way things played out, and just the number of W’s from the raffles, made me think this was all intentional. You can’t stop resellers from entering the raffles, and maybe they have multiple accounts or other family members helping them, but ultimately they aren’t going to have the same power or flexibility to cop multiple pairs through the use of a bot. I don’t have a confirmed number but I think pairs were only released in the double digits today. Truthfully, that was the reseller allocation. Yes, there were still Ls taken from genuine enthusiasts, but a good majority of people that wanted them got at least one pair through what seemed like 4 levels of raffles. I can’t think of another raffle release in recent memory that blessed so many people. Hopefully we see more blessings as Teddy establishes his influence further in his upcoming role.
Yea but the Nike commercial was first

Honestly this the way it should be. At max, the customer was able to grab 2-3 pairs if they had early access or through the gr raffle rather than bot all the stock. There were still some lames out to make a buck though

Everything from today’s drop is from a completely different factory and handled completely differently by ALD (preorder vs general release). Makes sense to me.

I'm sure he was referring to "in theory" rather than logistically my man. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom