Official Aime Leon Dore Thread

Hit on yellow/greens.

flintgrey flintgrey or someone else who might have knowledge, do you have a rough ballpark # on how many of these were made? I'm talking in comparison to say some Nike Air Max 90's or something. I can't recall NB numbers but I know this has indeed been discussed on here.

I ask as I never hit on draws/raffles, and in addition to me it appears the majority on here hit not only on 1 pair, but both.

Did ALD give out EA last 550 drop? I didn’t get EA last drop, signed up for the general public raffle and didn’t hit.

Did ALD give out EA last 550 drop? I didn’t get EA last drop, signed up for the general public raffle and didn’t hit.

yup, same format. Got EA for the first 550 drop and didn’t hit. But surprisingly was able to hit on the GR raffle...

Also got EA for this drop as well and hit on both CWs via EA raffle.

I entered on the link that was getting swung on Friday ... was that for Early access people only ?

A little off topic from the shoes, but are we getting the apparel collection this week as well? Couple pieces from the video that I’m definitely eyeing

I dont think ALD is in competition w Nike though

Teddy Santis was just hired as creative director at New Balance so 100 percent it involves New Balance -a competing brand. Had he done it in collaboration with Nike it would have been cool but for New Balance? Nah. What’s next? We getting a Mike and Spike knockoff? Maybe an Oak Knows campaign? IMO it was weak asf, instead of doing something original or in line with the brands heritage they just said F it let’s rip off Nike because the kids won’t know 😆😆😆😆

Teddy Santis was just hired as creative director at New Balance so 100 percent it involves New Balance -a competing brand. Had he done it in collaboration with Nike it would have been cool but for New Balance? Nah. What’s next? We getting a Mike and Spike knockoff? Maybe an Oak Knows campaign? IMO it was weak asf, instead of doing something original or in line with the brands heritage they just said F it let’s rip off Nike because the kids won’t know 😆😆😆😆
As stated in my prior post. ALD is not competing with Nike.

I don't doubt there is obvious direct inspiration from the Nike ad, but I'm not going to have a tantrum about it. It may not be an original ad, but it is most definitely in line with the brand's heritage, with appearances by a number of prominent NYC personalities, along with Jason Williams, who appeared in the original 2001 ad. Are you going to call out Jason for betraying the original ad as well? Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion, but I just don't understand why so many would be triggered by it.

where was all this energy for the last video inspired by the old tap dancing “fall into the gap” ad? maybe it’s just me but the videos they put out never screamed “we’re ripping this off and the youngins will never know”, i always interpreted them as “remember this? we’re paying tribute to what we grew up on but putting our own little take on it.”

If you’ve followed the brand for more than a season you would realize that it celebrates 90s nostalgia like the original Nike commercial. A majority of the content they post in Leon Dore and on IG are various artists and brands that have been inspirational to ALD including Nike. I don’t look at this as biting but more of an ode to the original with their take on it. I would also imagine that the video was in the works well before the final decision about Teddy and NB was made.

where was all this energy for the last video inspired by the old tap dancing “fall into the gap” ad? maybe it’s just me but the videos they put out never screamed “we’re ripping this off and the youngins will never know”, i always interpreted them as “remember this? we’re paying tribute to what we grew up on but putting our own little take on it.”

insert Spider-Man pointing at each other meme

I may have hit an extra set. IDK yet lol. Will offer oops if so

Back
Top Bottom