OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

^^ that's what happened to my 06 Easters also. But not only that, the whole air unit on the left mid sole was completely deflated.

Taking it back to 1999...the jacket is a custom from 99', I'm not sure who made it but it perfectly matches the mids. Love that older leather!

They were the only patent leather forces that survived my patent leather exodus. :lol:

Got rid of my 05 halloweens, st patties, 06 world cups, un-easters, red sheeds, blue sheeds.

Have probably only worn my '05 pair about 5X in the past 12 years. Not as loud as some of the other patent joints that flooded the market circa '05 & '06 and they've actually stood the test of time.

That said if you want to get technical you can only really wear 'em once a year or maybe squeeze out an additional wear in the summer time.

This retro would need to be limited just like the OG otherwise this shoe would be in outlets for $30.

Have probably only worn my '05 pair about 5X in the past 12 years. Not as loud as some of the other patent joints that flooded the market circa '05 & '06 and they've actually stood the test of time.

That said if you want to get technical you can only really wear 'em once a year or maybe squeeze out an additional wear in the summer time.

This retro would need to be limited just like the OG otherwise this shoe would be in outlets for $30.

I doubt it. The 05 and 06 easters sold really well and I wore 06s heavily outside of the holiday season.

Last edited:
I doubt it. The 05 and 06 easters sold really well and I wore 06s heavily outside of the holiday season.

The '05 pair was definitely not a GR, more like a QS with limited numbers. The '06 pair had slightly higher numbers but again it was no GR.

The '06 pair also didn't have the pink middle panel and was a bit 'easier' to pull off for regular wear.

the '05 pair was definitely more difficult to get. it wasn't a regular QS because we didn't get them here locally. i'm almost positive i had to get my pair from someone in HK or malaysia. the '06 pair was way more plentiful and i thought they were kinda ugly and didn't even buy a pair.

Last edited:
the '05 pair was definitely more difficult to get. it wasn't a regular QS because we didn't get them here locally. i'm almost positive i had to get my pair from someone in HK or malaysia. the '06 pair was way more plentiful and i thought they were kinda ugly and didn't even buy a pair.

Repped my dude, I worked at the Nike ES at that time and surprisingly only about 40-50 pairs made it to Canada and only for some of the 'boutique' stores here. Now that you mention it, it might've been an EU + rest of the world exclusive but we were somewhat lucky to get EU exclusives in Canada.

Agreed with you regarding the '06 pair too. Didn't quite like the colourblocking on it but the swapping of the pastel blue and pink for yellow and green made 'em slightly more viable for more than 1X wear a year! :lol:

Would be interested to know if they have the soft patent leather on this re-issue vs. the '05 pair.

Is the 2016 flax mids upper suede or nubuck?

Can't tell if I should spray it with some liquiproof or not

My bad I didn't mean to sound like the 05s were GRs or plentiful at all, in fact I rarely saw the 05s even 05.

I liked the 06 version alot more initially but always kinda hoped to get my hands on 05s since it was unobtainable at the time.

I still don't think the shoes would rot on shelves if they were released on a larger scale. The colors are different sure but we've seen crazy stuff from Nike fly off the shelves all the time.

My bad I didn't mean to sound like the 05s were GRs or plentiful at all, in fact I rarely saw the 05s even 05.

I liked the 06 version alot more initially but always kinda hoped to get my hands on 05s since it was unobtainable at the time.

I still don't think the shoes would rot on shelves if they were released on a larger scale. The colors are different sure but we've seen crazy stuff from Nike fly off the shelves all the time.

All good my man, just reminiscing about what was a long time ago...

Back
Top Bottom