OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

one more question about the 2006 easter egg af1s, do they crease easily? i only plan breaking em out maybe 2 3 times a year if that

Last edited:
Is that the Pastel coloured joint with the White laces or the Teal/Purple joint with Yellow laces? The former surprisingly had thick and soft patent leather (not the rigid junk that gets used 99% of the time) so it should hold up OK for a few wears a year.

Is that the Pastel coloured joint with the White laces or the Teal/Purple joint with Yellow laces? The former surprisingly had thick and soft patent leather (not the rigid junk that gets used 99% of the time) so it should hold up OK for a few wears a year.
the teal/purple ones with the yellow laces. thanks for the info

the teal/purple ones with the yellow laces. thanks for the info

NP fam, feel the patent on it. If it's fairly thick and supple you should be good for the number of wears your orignally stated. I own the Pastel joint and I think the '06 model you have is almost similar in construction.

Scooped a pair of the Medicoms. Wish I had my true size (11). Thought I could squeeze into a half size down at 10.5 and it is definitely snug and almost uncomfortable. I would probably be able to rock a 12 and it wouldn't be too awkward.
Call Nike NYC and do a phone order.

Hello Fellas,

I am not sure what happened to my old NT account 'nikeforce1' (I guess it got deleted since I haven't signed on for couple years?)

Anyway, it's good to see all of AF1 lovers again and of course, AF1s are still my #1 favorite shoes!

Welcome back fam, and damn what an entrance!

laugh.gif
 @ those Downtowns.  Matter of fact, I laugh at the whole concept of that shoe.  

Part of the appeal of the AF1 is the chunky midsole, IMO.  Take that away and you may as well just rock some Dunks because at least the uppers look proportionate to the midsole height.  The Downtowns just look off.  

:lol:  @ those Downtowns.  Matter of fact, I laugh at the whole concept of that shoe.  

Part of the appeal of the AF1 is the chunky midsole, IMO.  Take that away and you may as well just rock some Dunks because at least the uppers look proportionate to the midsole height.  The Downtowns just look off.  

This.

I seriously don't know what the hell Nike is doing with this stuff. I usually refrain from going off on Nike because business is a lot more complex than most NTers grant, and we aren't their only demographic. But, this just makes no sense.

There's no split-decision here. All old school AF1 heads think this idea is moronic, and the shoe is at a 20-year low in terms of mainstream popularity. So, what is their strategy here? If Nike had a single dude on vibe with the Team AF1 cats on salary, he'd have been wise enough to shut this project down, or at least fight hard to do so (may be he gets overruled).

Instead of putting yes-men, wanna be ballers like Mayor on the payroll, I'd suggest investing in some consultants who cherish the love and history of the brand above their own image and pseudo celebrity, and will therefore not be afraid to offer some tough love and reality checks on the direction of Nike's greatest shoe of all time.

Last edited:
^ Agree 100% with you, boss.  Well said.  

Sadly, I don't think Nike even loves or cherishes the history of their brand, hence them continually dropping the ball with their greatest model ever.  I've seen it far too much over the recent years for it to just be a coincidence.  Image and hype fuel most of what they do now.  

I'm not a AF1 head by any means, but I can appreciate the Downtown because its a little more refined than a Dunk or AF1. Plus it looks muuuch better than the 25th anniversary joint which looked like a bad Lebron 6 low (which was also a weak silhouette in itself)

I can see it having a lot of "dressy" colorways...which I need approaching 30

Last edited:
^ Agree 100% with you, boss.  Well said.  

Sadly, I don't think Nike even loves or cherishes the history of their brand, hence them continually dropping the ball with their greatest model ever.  I've seen it far too much over the recent years for it to just be a coincidence.  Image and hype fuel most of what they do now.  

I don't necessarily disagree, after all, actions speak louder than words. But,. I think two things need to be said in light of this.

1. The AF1 has been doing the dead man's float for years now. So, if "image and hype" have been fueling their strategy, maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board because what they are doing now isn't working, for the AF1 at least. How about giving quality, timelessness, and simplicity another shot. Go back to what go you here.

Tangential point - it can't be the general public doing most of the Nike AF1 ID-ing over the past year. Take a look at the kinds of CWs serious, long time consumers made when given the keys... really, it's not that hard!

2. It's not like creating a timeless product and manufacturing hype are mutually exclusive. Design is one group of folks, and marketing is another. The essence of hype is disconnected from the shoe. You don't need to do something crazy, design-wise to hype a shoe. If they can sell crappy versions of their classics, they can sell versions that honor the original too.

I'm not a AF1 head by any means, but I can appreciate the Downtown because its a little more refined than a Dunk or AF1. Plus it looks muuuch better than the 25th anniversary joint which looked like a bad Lebron 6 low (which was also a weak silhouette in itself)
I can see it having a lot of "dressy" colorways...which I need approaching 30

If you like this shoe, that's cool. I'm glad people stand up for what they like, even when others are bashing it.

One piece of advice I'd give you, from somebody on the other side of 30, is that shoes are shoes and sneakers are sneakers. If you look at an outfit and think it needs a shoe - a "dressy sneaker" won't suffice. Buy shoes for what you need shoes for. Buy sneakers for what you need sneakers for. ...That's not to say that a pair of AF1s can work with a button down, jeans, and a blazer -some outfits can work with either sneaks or shoes. But, a "dressy" sneaker is more often the worst of both worlds than the best of both. And, FWIW, nobody needs to dress a certain way because they are a certain age. Maturity is defined by how you behave and think, not what you wear.

Not trying to "go in" on you at all. Just some food for thought.

:lol:  @ those Downtowns.  Matter of fact, I laugh at the whole concept of that shoe.  

This.

I seriously don't know what the hell Nike is doing with this stuff. I usually refrain from going off on Nike because business is a lot more complex than most NTers grant, and we aren't their only demographic. But, this just makes no sense.

There's no split-decision here. All old school AF1 heads think this idea is moronic, and the shoe is at a 20-year low in terms of mainstream popularity. So, what is their strategy here? If Nike had a single dude on vibe with the Team AF1 cats on salary, he'd have been wise enough to shut this project down, or at least fight hard to do so (may be he gets overruled).

Instead of putting yes-men, wanna be ballers like Mayor on the payroll, I'd suggest investing in some consultants who cherish the love and history of the brand above their own image and pseudo celebrity, and will therefore not be afraid to offer some tough love and reality checks on the direction of Nike's greatest shoe of all time.

Ya I disagree on the downtown pack. I think they look great. Why havent I bought a pair yet? Because the black ones have multiple different materials on them and one of them has like fur on the back and the all whites have that funny colored sole. Also, I think one of the black ones is actually dark gray, but Im not sure since they look different in some pics than others. If Nike just made an all black leather one (as in the entire shoe is black leather w/o any patent or fur or whatever), Id have 2 pairs right now. I think the chunky sole looks awkward with the clothes I wear, but love the design of the air force one. I dont see how offering another AF1 option is a bad thing, it's not like they stopped making the regular ones.

Last edited:
^^^

There's no need for a 'Downtown' variant. Vandals & Terminators have always slotted in nicely between Dunks and AF1s. Hell, if you look closely at this junk - take away the midsole and the upper still doesn't look like an AF1.

There would be no issue if they called this shoe the Nike Downtown or some other crap - it's the fact that they are calling it an AF1 that's the problem.

Just ordered with a coupon I had from when they messed up on my order..

Can't pass for that price, thanks bro!

Back
Top Bottom