OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I don't have the time tonight. Preparing ancestral offerings, prayers for the holiday. Let the devil keep making people think that he does not exist, and
that everyone is somehow racist, even though white people created the concept of race and racism...:wink:

That said, I copped two pairs, waiting till spring to rock them with this tee...
s-l1600.jpg

Here we go what? Asking not to lot lump all people of a race together isn't a wild request. In fact, I feel Kaep would say the same thing. Saying "white people...." is no better than the racist person saying "black people..." Just don't lump people together by race. It's easy.
Wasn’t saying that to you. It was to fam under you that said he’s protesting Colin by not buying and Colin doesn’t deserve a shoe.

I don't have the time tonight. Preparing ancestral offerings, prayers for the holiday. Let the devil keep making people think that he does not exist, and
that everyone is somehow racist, even though white people created the concept of race and racism...:wink:

That said, I copped two pairs, waiting till spring to rock them with this tee...
s-l1600.jpg
Who said anyone was racist? I simply asked to not lump all white people together. I'm sure you'd prefer to not be lumped in with terrible people bc you happen to share the same skin tone. I, a white guy, am not mad today. I support Kaep and bought the shoes, even though I don't wear black AF1's. So saying "white people are mad today" is just factually wrong. Some ignorant folks are mad. Don't put that on me. **** those people.

Who said anyone was racist? I simply asked to not lump all white people together. I'm sure you'd prefer to not be lumped in with terrible people bc you happen to share the same skin tone. I, a white guy, am not mad today. I support Kaep and bought the shoes, even though I don't wear black AF1's. So saying "white people are mad today" is just factually wrong. Some ignorant folks are mad. Don't put that on me.
Understood, and I respect your position. However, instead of being defensive, it would be wise to understand that white people are not happy with the thought of Black independent thought, therefore as a collective, they all may not think as you do. Majority rules in this country.

Understood, and I respect your position. However, instead of being defensive, it would be wise to understand that white people are not happy with the thought of Black independent thought, therefore as a collective, they all may not think as you do. Majority rules in this country.
Again, saying "X race of people..." is just ignorant. Not saying you are, just saying it's an ignorant thing to say. It's no better than a racist white guy saying "Black people..." bc some black people are this or that. Lumping people together by race is just ignorant. Race does not define people.

I did delete my original post so as not to cause an arguement centered on racial issues.

I do not believe he was deserving of a shoe release in his honor in that there are other athletes who have taken a stand for something and suffered for it that are imo more deserving. Muhammad Ali for example.

Didn't mean to go down this hole. I just hate being lumped in with ignorant people bc they happen to have the same skin tone as I do. Don't put that **** on me. Some white people are mad today. Just don't lump me into that group.

Again, saying "X race of people..." is just ignorant. Not saying you are, just saying it's an ignorant thing to say. It's no better than a racist white guy saying "Black people..." bc some black people are this or that. Lumping people together by race is just ignorant. Race does not define people.
Here is what you are missing. White privilege. ALL white people live with, and then benefit from it.

Black people do not. WE, are not allowed to live through the blissful ignorance that you are afforded through white privilege. You not getting it, proves it.

I did delete my original post so as not to cause an arguement centered on racial issues.

I do not believe he was deserving of a shoe release in his honor in that there are other athletes who have taken a stand for something and suffered for it that are imo more deserving. Muhammad Ali for example.
Ali was 50 years ago. I think it's awesome that we've come far enough that Kaep can be honored for his actions, even if not by the league. Still got a long *** way to go but it's cool that we've at least come a little ways.

Here is what you are missing. White privilege. ALL white people live with, and then benefit from it.

Black people do not. WE, are not allowed to live through the blissful ignorance that you are afforded through white privilege. You not getting it, proves it.
I won't argue white privilege. I definitely recognize it and benefit from it.

That has nothing to do with lumping all white people in as mad today. I am proof that that statement is literally incorrect.

Why do you believe he is not “deserving” of a shoe? What are your qualifications?

I do not have the time to break this down, but...
I won't argue white privilege. I definitely recognize it and benefit from it.

That has nothing to do with lumping all white people in as mad today. I am proof that that statement is literally incorrect.
...you just may be an outlier. You should be angry about that. But that does not change the position of majority rules. If that were not the case?

Trump would not be in office.

Until there are more of you out there? You are going to be lumped in with all the jackasses, due to the privilege that you live with.

I do not have the time to break this down, bu

You just may be an outlier. But that does not change the position of majority rules. If that were not the case?

Trump would not be in office.

Until there are more of you out there? You are going to be lumped in with all the jackasses, due to the privilege that you live with.
As I said earlier, lumping people together is just ignorant. Especially when doing it by race. Race does not define people. We've been fighting for years to get those ignorant white people to see that. Turning around and lumping all white people together is no better than what they do. Everyone is an individual and race doesn't define them.

Just my opinion...

But on the white and the black side, let’s just not get too sensitive about the ish that doesn’t matter. Nobody here has said anything racist or that should make you think they are racist, and if you really slow down and think about what they actually meant, it’s nothing. Let’s not get too sensitive here. I think as a white guy it was pretty clear that he didn’t actually mean all white people on the planet. I think the implication was pretty clear he meant the anti-Kaepernick white crowd. And also I don’t think as a black guy a full convo on white privilege is necessary for a guy who is buying Kap shoes to support and just happened to be offended by some generalizing.

Let’s all save our energy for battling the real ignorance out there aight.

Spread love

As I said earlier, lumping people together is just ignorant. Especially when doing it by race. Race does not define people. We've been fighting for years to get those ignorant white people to see that. Turning around and lumping all white people together is no better than what they do. Everyone is an individual and race doesn't define them.
Wrong. If all things were equal, you then could state that someone Black suggesting all white people could be ignorant. However ALL white people live with privilege, therefor ALL white people can be viewed as the oppressor, then are in no position to tell Black people how they should think nor feel. Until you give up that privilege? You are one of them. Your beef? Is with white people, not with those who view you as the problem. Your thinking otherwise? Is what is ignorant.

Wrong. If all things were equal, you then could state that someone Black suggesting all white people could be ignorant. However ALL white people live with privilege, therefor ALL white people can be viewed as the oppressor, then are in no position to tell Black people how they should think nor feel. Until you give up that privilege? You are one of them. Your beef? Is with white people, not with those who view you as the problem. Your thinking otherwise? Is what is ignorant.
Viewing all white people as the oppressor is really dumb. Period. A lot of white people are fighting for the same things you are. You are free to think what you want but it's pretty hypocritical to call the ignorant people racist for stereotyping black people and then turning around and doing the exact same thing. Maybe one day you'll be able to view people as individuals and not by their skin tone. After all, that's what Kaep and many others have been fighting for for years.

Just my opinion...

But on the white and the black side, let’s just not get too sensitive about the ish that doesn’t matter. Nobody here has said anything racist or that should make you think they are racist, and if you really slow down and think about what they actually meant, it’s nothing. Let’s not get too sensitive here. I think as a white guy it was pretty clear that he didn’t actually mean all white people on the planet. I think the implication was pretty clear he meant the anti-Kaepernick white crowd. And also I don’t think as a black guy a full convo on white privilege is necessary for a guy who is buying Kap shoes to support and just happened to be offended by some generalizing.

Let’s all save our energy for battling the real ignorance out there aight.

Spread love
You're right. Most of us here are on the same side.

Viewing all white people as the oppressor is really dumb. Period. A lot of white people are fighting for the same things you are. You are free to think what you want but it's pretty hypocritical to call the ignorant people racist for stereotyping black people and then turning around and doing the exact same thing. Maybe one day you'll be able to view people as individuals and not by their skin tone. After all, that's what Kaep and many others have been fighting for for years.
Dumb, ‘eh? So, how did Dred Scott and Plessy v. Ferguson effect you and your family? I’ll peek in to see your erudite opinion tomorrow..lol.

Dumb, ‘eh? So, how did Dred Scott and Plessy v. Ferguson effect you and your family? I’ll peek in to see your erudite opinion tomorrow..lol.
Putting those decisions on me is the dumb part. Nobody here is arguing white privilege. Yes it exists and yes I benefit from it. If I could wave a magic wand and make it not exist, I would.

Again, that has nothing to do with lumping all white people together when it comes to a topic like Kaep. You seem to think all white people are the same, and that's sad.

This is true. It's the person's character, morals, and values that matter. It's not race or skin color. Jesus would agree. That's all I'm going to say on the topic. I like the Kaepernick colorway, but I don't really buy Air Force's.

Back
Top Bottom