OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

This is like buying an oz of weed and selling dimebags. How much are you even making? Doesnt even seem worth it. All that so you can smoke for free and buy munchies
You'd be surprised how many people do just that.

Damn near the entire premise of Smokey from Friday lol.

:lol: at hoarding and reselling white on whites.

Would've worked / probably did work when they weren't on the footsites like they are now. what was that like 10-12 yrs ago?

They use edu, birthday, and other discount codes. Make a ton of fake emails and accounts. Not sure if they stack though Isn’t the most a Nike code gives is between 25% to 40% off right? They make money based on volume and the cashback from credit cards.

They use edu, birthday, and other discount codes. Make a ton of fake emails and accounts. Not sure if they stack though Isn’t the most a Nike code gives is between 25% to 40% off right? They make money based on volume and the cashback from credit cards.
Not to mention the way the footlocker etc Algorithms work they now have higher chances on hitting more limited shoes based on the amount they've previously spent.

My childhood friend wore a size 6 or 7 for years and basically has been copping everything since the early 2000s. Once the raffles etc started happening I would have him enter for me because he already spends so much he used to be able to hit on just about everything.

I hate the way the algorithms work tbh as a person who doesn't hit regularly it's pretty much impossible for me to hit at a footlocker etc

White on whites stay in style ever year
My local foot stores have been selling out of white on whites constantly for years.
One of my local resell shops was selling white on whites for $150.

White on whites stay in style ever year
My local foot stores have been selling out of white on whites constantly for years.
One of my local resell shops was selling white on whites for $150.

I don't check like that because I keep a bunch on ice but I don't remember checking NDC at any point recently and they weren't available

probably within the past year or two

it's mostly teen agers and young adults...not necessarily "sneakerheads"

they don't mind when they get dirty either

I knew it hit critical mass when a few years ago our local sports radio guy was complaining about not being able to find any for back to school for his kids.

Dude is a middle aged nerdy white dude in Dallas and did a 5 minute segment about not being able to find white/white forces.

I figured Nike upped the supply since then

probably within the past year or two

it's mostly teen agers and young adults...not necessarily "sneakerheads"

they don't mind when they get dirty either
I've definitely seen them being worn by normal folks which is kinda weird lol.

I'm from that early 00s with the Nelly hit.

Yuh same here i was in 6th grade when nelly dropped and u had to have em.
I just bought a pair for vacation and i cant even wear them they are so stiff my ankles are dead. Worse shoe ive worn in yearsss. I literally walked all over mexico in them and they still squeek from that fake leather

Man I'm just waiting on Nike to send my 20% off bday coupon next month so I can use it on the all white crafts. I sold my JEs and I need an all white pair and I'm mad I missed the gold foils.

I've definitely seen them being worn by normal folks which is kinda weird lol.

I'm from that early 00s with the Nelly hit.
Next time you catch a flight just watch how wide the array is of people wearing white on white ups. I've seen everything from 60+ year olds to babies.

The AF1 especially in triple white defies culture.

Last edited:
It's weird, I'm in my late 30's and AF1s have always been my shoe.

When I first got a job, I could get 2 pairs of Forces for what one pair of air maxes or Js hit for.

No one knew much about them in Texas but I didn't care, dudes was still wearing KSwiss down south. I lived in the Detroit area from 2000-2008 and Forces were already hot before the Gimme Two Pair era and obviously exploded but I know when I moved back to Texas in 08 they weren't "cool" anymore.

I say all of this to say I'm too old to know when they become popular outside of sneakerheads.

I'm kinda conflicted because while a lot of trash got produced from 02-08 there were some gems in there.

I worked at a "One Door" in college during the 25th anniversary roll out Nike did and man I wished I would have Copped so much more than I did.

When I was a kid, I was too into the over the top design of the late 80s and early 90’s to think much of that old looking style. When the Nelly song came out, sneakers were just for the weekend (and even then only during the day) and I stuck to ugly, but super comfortable, white Mephistos. At one point in the early teens, I would buy white Sperry’s by the half dozen and just treat them as near disposable.

It‘s only recently that I’ve come back to sneakers, but I was instantly hooked on the blank palette that is the AF1. I see the silhouette now as almost the Platonic ideal of a sneaker. It’s boringness is what draws me to it, because it allows the designers to impose their vision. Like it’s crazy that the AMMs, Silver Snakes, or Linens are all the same shoe. They each throw off very different vibes and compliment different styles.

So I completely understand why people across different backgrounds and with different personal style would gravitate to it - especially the triple white. It’s a good neutral base if you don’t want to say anything in particular with your choice. It’s like my Topsiders a decade ago or the Keds the high school girls wore.

20210424_092420.jpg

Got them

Yuh same here i was in 6th grade when nelly dropped and u had to have em.
I just bought a pair for vacation and i cant even wear them they are so stiff my ankles are dead. Worse shoe ive worn in yearsss. I literally walked all over mexico in them and they still squeek from that fake leather
I was walking my dog the other day and my high-school age neighbor walked out of the house walking to the bus in some whites and his mom came out yelling telling him they were gonna hurt his feet walking in school all day.

I grew up outside of Baltimore. Until the 15 it was all about Js but most kids couldn’t actually get them. Everyone had whatever other new basketball models were out. I wasn’t poor but my parents weren’t about spending for shoes so I’d have Chucks, Sambas, Vans, etc. I got one pair to start the school year and another in the spring. Going into 8th grade in 1999 I got my mom to increase the budget a little. I wanted the grey/red grid Air Max Plus but she wouldn’t go over $100 so I ended up with the white/Carolina blue Question low. That was the shoe that really started it for me. I sold bootleg CDs and bought every color.

When they stopped making the Question again in 2001 I needed a new shoe and after a misstep into the Answer IV it was the black/red contrast stitch mid that caught my eye and the AF1 has been my favorite shoe since. Before then there was only one other kid I can think of that had them in my school but they blew up shortly after when Nelly hit. Can’t remember exactly what pair he had but I remember they were blue. From what I remember white dropped in the spring and blacks in the fall so you’d have to get two pairs of whites in the spring just in case. Couldn’t wear them dusty back then.

AF1s were also the first shoe I started kinda collecting back in HS, followed by Dunks. Didn't start buying Js really until college. Had a pair of OG 16s but that's it back in the day. Price definitely played a factor, but we Ballin now! I do wanna get my AF1 collection back up, but they are pretty uncomfortable. I wish they made more with the lunarlon insole.

Bought my first pair of all black lows in 9th grade. AF1s were relatively unheard of in Louisiana back then. Everybody was stuck on Cash Money Records swag so it was all about Reeboks. I made AF1s a staple in my rotation ever since.

Back
Top Bottom