OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I dyed my own acronyms. Got the right everything.... except my vessel for dying was too small. The minute the shoe brushed up against the sides, it created indelible “fingerprint” marks all over - I was going for tonal greys, the result was a black and grey mess. Totally ruined em.
Trashed immediately thereafter.

I also melted the patent leather. They weren’t even fit to be donated. 200 dollar mistake.

Then bought 2/3 og colorways for practically retail. Lesson learned.
ahhhhh thats why they were using rods inside the shoe to hold them and then to the drying rack

No pictures?
I had a total meltdown and just threw everything out. Sorry. Im normally not that impetuous - don’t do failure well. But I’ve learned. For those who want to do it with other colors on their own (vs what Nike is doing) the idye poly is the product you want. Just make sure you’ve got ample space for total, even shoe submersion, an area to rinse excess dye and drying racks. Tbh it’s not easy, but it is doable.

I’m actually happy that I learned something new...aditionally, the whole thing motivated me to pick up the original red/black/white cw along w the teal/black/purp/red. I think Errolson was on to something before guys like Virgil were and those shoes somehow got overlooked - folks just realizing how dope they are now.

How did you melt the patent leather? Chemical reaction? Nike and other aren’t dying the shoes like you would garments (i.e. - boiling water).

still have not seen a single person wear these off white af1's
they're not my thing
but anyone got on feet pics

In Miami for Art Basel and saw they were doing AF1 makers station at the Nike Store. A fellow NTr through me an oop and let me get in to make pair. I had those old Godzilla vs. Barkley posters in mind while putting these together.
PS: There's no stitching or grommets at the Miami station. Just dye, swooshes, laces, and lace accessories.
IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

How did you melt the patent leather? Chemical reaction? Nike and other aren’t dying the shoes like you would garments (i.e. - boiling water).
You have to boil the dye initially....it was too hot after I thought it cooled....i didnt let it sit in the dyeing "vessel" long enough.
I tested on a dummy pair first so I thought I was fine but the patent was more sensitive than I had anticipated.

how do the rocafellas fit, same as the regular air force 1s? , wondering becuase i got the retro premium jewel ones which i need to get 7.5 rather than the regular 7 i get in af1s, probably becuase of the premium leather., just restocked need to know asap! thanks

how do the rocafellas fit, same as the regular air force 1s? , wondering becuase i got the retro premium jewel ones which i need to get 7.5 rather than the regular 7 i get in af1s, probably becuase of the premium leather., just restocked need to know asap! thanks

Haven’t even had a chance to try them on yet. I just went with my regular AF1 size.

Back
Top Bottom