OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

B80F4F6C-D9B2-4157-8731-B48D23BC44CC.jpeg
Is the gold this bad in person?

Loved the concept pics but these real pics leave a lot to be desired.

$120 “premium” joints are in. Materials on both are nice but I’m really feeling the suede. I think the tumbled leather is the same if not better than what was on the anniversary joints from last year. Maybe a little softer. Definitely happy with these, especially the suede pair.
50A89348-DF9B-4355-A269-EC3F15205578.jpeg
C7FED146-C23F-44D4-BB2F-DF541EA319D8.jpeg
4D83DB7D-A359-42ED-98E6-8443A55F623F.jpeg
A5B46582-E0EB-4AF1-A0FB-3C309BAA4111.jpeg
850C5B03-AFF5-4707-BD5C-DA8B2F928612.jpeg
A721F170-F6D5-41A3-A4D8-3234A6E93854.jpeg
158DD680-38F8-4114-AE01-7507274B24EA.jpeg
That purple suede looks so good! Def gonna order a pair. I thought they were using the old materials.

Out of jordan 1, dunk, or af1 mids, af1's are the best IMO
I think J1 mids give AF1 mids a bad rep (no idea about dunks, I don't like any of 'em). The J1 mid looks, feels, and really just is a lesser version of the J1 high, but that's not the case with AF1s. IMO the AF1 mids are better than the highs, the highs are just too high, the foxing panel is too big, and the removable strap just doesn't look great, especially unstrapped. The mids are the perfect height for wearing with pants (better than lows) and the strap just looks cool to me. Lows are obviously a classic that I love, but pants just don't sit on them the same way, so in some situations mids just look better on foot. I like the mids have a different swoosh too, it makes them feel like their own shoe instead of a variation on the low.

I think J1 mids give AF1 mids a bad rep (no idea about dunks, I don't like any of 'em). The J1 mid looks, feels, and really just is a lesser version of the J1 high, but that's not the case with AF1s. IMO the AF1 mids are better than the highs, the highs are just too high, the foxing panel is too big, and the removable strap just doesn't look great, especially unstrapped. The mids are the perfect height for wearing with pants (better than lows) and the strap just looks cool to me. Lows are obviously a classic that I love, but pants just don't sit on them the same way, so in some situations mids just look better on foot. I like the mids have a different swoosh too, it makes them feel like their own shoe instead of a variation on the low.
I agree with most of this. Especially the part about the AF1 mid being the only one that is truly distinct.

The AJ1 isnt terrible even though we joke on em. For a solid decade or so thats almost all JB offered us. My first ever pair of black toes were mids, and I loved em

The AJ1 high is of course better. I think the fact that we know the shoe could be so much more with just an inch or so or height makes the mid AJ1 just kinda fugazi (especially when both are available in the market).

The dunk mid is trash. Been into sneakers for 20 years and haven't owned one pair even at the height of dunk crazy. Strap or no strap they dunk mid just doesn't translate well.

The AF1 mid is probably king.

other than people who do not like the mids because of the strap the hate boils down in my opinion to geography and generation..I love mids always have always will I also know I’m amongst the younger crowd but regardless

y’all really weren’t rocking af1 mid in your youth?

Maybe it’s an area based thing but I never understood the slander. Im tryna remember if old NT shared the same sentiment or if this is a newer thought.
Wore too many mids as a youth. Now I can't do it knowing that strap gonna inevitably lean no matter what.

I think my first pair of all whites was a mid.

Last mid I bought was probably matrix joints that were white and gold in like 06 (I copped via eBay and I believe they released in 04 or 05).

I still regret not copping the 06 thanksgiving mid tho..I have a feeling those would've lasted me for years to come.

Wore too many mids as a youth. Now I can't do it knowing that strap gonna inevitably lean no matter what.

I think my first pair of all whites was a mid.

Last mid I bought was probably matrix joints that were white and gold in like 06 (I copped via eBay and I believe they released in 04 or 05).

I still regret not copping the 06 thanksgiving mid tho..I have a feeling those would've lasted me for years to come.

lmao. word tho. lack of care back then and wearing them ****s everyday is what got the strap floppy.
yall remember the white kiwi shoe polish tryna keep em fresh :lol:
all whites and all blacks were def a staple.

denim check mids were my first pair.
right out of athletes foot.

would love to find these again.

1648074585310.png

lmao. word tho. lack of care back then and wearing them ****s everyday is what got the strap floppy.
yall remember the white kiwi shoe polish tryna keep em fresh :lol:
all whites and all blacks were def a staple.

denim check mids were my first pair.
right out of athletes foot.

would love to find these again.

1648074585310.png
the lows a grail for me still want even tho they'll probably break down after couple wears

Back
Top Bottom