OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Common sense tells me that buying an unworn pair of 2006 AF1 is a bad idea, but I’ve seen people wear Dunks from that era regularly on NT. Anyone have any experience doing that with AF1s?

Somehow my feet grew a full size in my 30s and I had to sell a lot of my favorites that never got retro’d :frown:

Last edited:
Common sense tells me that buying an unworn pair of 2006 AF1 is a bad idea, but I’ve seen people wear Dunks from that era regularly on NT. Anyone have any experience doing that with AF1s?

Somehow my feet grew a full size in my 30s and I had to sell a lot of my favorites that never got retro’d :frown:
The glue will be shot, but they’ll be perfectly wearable cuz the sole is stitched on. Unless it’s a patent leather pair, then it will peel where it came unglued. The airbag on the other hand is a wildcard. Dunks don’t have air so they don’t have that problem. Worst-case scenario if the air pops or crumbles you can get them fully restored for around $200. I’ve had early 2000s pairs come in firm and pop on first wear and I’ve had others stay firm for years.

I feel you on that 30s growth. I used it as an opportunity to cut down the closet and only rebuy select pairs.

The glue will be shot, but they’ll be perfectly wearable cuz the sole is stitched on. Unless it’s a patent leather pair, then it will peel where it came unglued. The airbag on the other hand is a wildcard. Dunks don’t have air so they don’t have that problem. Worst-case scenario if the air pops or crumbles you can get them fully restored for around $200. I’ve had early 2000s pairs come in firm and pop on first wear and I’ve had others stay firm for years.

I feel you on that 30s growth. I used it as an opportunity to cut down the closet and only rebuy select pairs.
Appreciate the feedback!

Agreed-normally I wouldn’t bother rebuying old pairs, but nostalgia has been hitting me hard. I bought those AF1s with my first ever paycheck from my after school job, so they held a lot of value for me. That was the most excited I had ever been buying a pair of shoes :lol:

Always wanted these. Blessed to cop early for retail. Super dope in person!

20240530_191050.jpg

20240530_190912.jpg

20240530_190923.jpg

20240530_190933.jpg
Can you share the style code?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know stock info for linens? Are these coming to retailers too or will this be some snkrs ultra limited BS? I just want to own this shoe just once man.

Gonna be TIGHT if I have to resort to the resell market for the Linens and end up with those booty *** Kiths. :lol:

Guess eBay might be the best bet, since you can see/request pics of the tags.

Wow wtf same style code but completely different construction, materials, and even colors (sole). That's so weird. It's not like ivory snakes where the only subtle difference was maybe shape.

Yeah, the early days of my time on NT were wild. At that time, if you didn’t live in/near a major city (basically NYC, L.A. or Chicago), you were pretty much reliant on someone helping you out, or going the eBay route. Online releases just weren’t much of a thing outside of the big retailers. Hell, I remember sending money orders for pairs purchased on eBay. MONEY ORDERS. THROUGH THE MAIL. :lol:

So having co.jp pairs release now AND actually being able to get them is amazing. So many of these older pairs were basically unattainable for me because I was a broke *** college student at the time, and size 11s (in the co.jps) were far and few between. I’m just glad that nowadays even if I strike out at retail, all I gotta do is pull my phone out and buy a pair with ease on the aftermarket.

Well said sir. Not the money order lolol - what a wild time. So glad we dont have to setup agreements anymore #onhere

I'll post early links and raffles here...

Last edited:
I'll post early links and raffles here...
Good looking out fam.

Back
Top Bottom