Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
They produced A LOT more Shadows this time though.

Look at 2017 Royals-the resale market for those didn’t increase substantially as 2013 Royals did a year after release.
Royal 1's going for 300+ 1 year later and those were super GR's. Shadows will do better for sure im estimating 325+ in 1 year.

Im talking about small sizes only.

Foot Locker app said Kawhis were going to be FCFS yesterday and today they updated to a raffle. Anyone have a check-in code?

If they pull off a complete halt in production for these OGs, we should see crazy prices because everyone is
on these 1s lately, even moreso than in 2010-2014. So if they did another 2001-2013 gap in production...
easily 700 each. These things will always be classics, always be in demand, always be loved.

If they pull off a complete halt in production for these OGs, we should see crazy prices because everyone is
on these 1s lately, even moreso than in 2010-2014. So if they did another 2001-2013 gap in production...
easily 700 each. These things will always be classics, always be in demand, always be loved.
they need to do a halt like they did for the 3s

2015- chicago
2016- black toe
2016- banned
2017- royal
2018- shadows

I think this was the final year and the gap begins.

Let’s be honest, they’re not going to do that with the way OG 1s have been moving the past few years. Nobody is suddenly going to be buying trash like retro+ cws of 2s or 10s because they can’t buy OG 1s. JB would likely lose business by putting the OG 1 model in the vault.

Let’s be honest, they’re not going to do that with the way OG 1s have been moving the past few years. Nobody is suddenly going to be buying trash like retro+ cws of 2s or 10s because they can’t buy OG 1s. JB would likely lose business by putting the OG 1 model in the vault.

Well they better think of something because look at how the 11s are now. This wave isn't gonna last. People that truly like the 1s won't carry
their sales forever. For me personally I'm good with 1 forever. LMAO

Most in demand for sure. But no ones gonna get rich holding on too royals and shadows. Not for a awhile. I’ve said this before but nothing about this shadows release tells me they WONT follow the current trajectory of the royals. We’re here a year after drop and I can buy my size 11 for $250. A major shift or disruption would have to send things in the other direction. I haven’t seen that shift yet.

After looking at Chicago prices :wow:
giphy.gif

so glad I traded my black OVO 10 for the chicago 1s.

Most in demand for sure. But no ones gonna get rich holding on too royals and shadows. Not for a awhile. I’ve said this before but nothing about this shadows release tells me they WONT follow the current trajectory of the royals. We’re here a year after drop and I can buy my size 11 for $250. A major shift or disruption would have to send things in the other direction. I haven’t seen that shift yet.
this is true.

I couldn't even get anyone to bite at $250, albeit was a size 13. Ended up letting one of my extra Royals go for $210. I would've sat on them a little longer but went ahead and sold them to a cool co-worker for the playa price!

couple things to point out here
1) Depends how many pairs you have, obviously no one making much off 1-2 pairs. Small sizes royals going for 300 rn. 300-170 (after tax) = 130.. lets just say 100 profit after fees and shipping. 100x10 pairs =1000.. 100x50 pairs = 5000.. 100x100 pairs= 10,000 in one year. thats a pretty good return.
2) No one should be buying sz 11's for holding/resell lol. small sizes only in which case royals are going for 300+ 1 year later
3) Shadows werent the same in production as royals for sure

Personally I see shadows jumping come fall/winter time. so about 6 months.

couple things to point out here
1) Depends how many pairs you have, obviously no one making much off 1-2 pairs. Small sizes royals going for 300 rn. 300-170 (after tax) = 130.. lets just say 100 profit after fees and shipping. 100x10 pairs =1000.. 100x50 pairs = 5000.. 100x100 pairs= 10,000 in one year. thats a pretty good return.
2) No one should be buying sz 11's for holding/resell lol. small sizes only in which case royals are going for 300+ 1 year later
3) Shadows werent the same in production as royals for sure

Personally I see shadows jumping come fall/winter time. so about 6 months.

Im just talking in generalities for the most part. There will says be the sweet spot of sizes that go for more.and if that’s where people are making money than sure. But like I said regardless of whether or not there were more or less shadows than royals, all the same rules apply cause the climate is more of less the same. I’m a fan of a few different sneaker lines and I can’t count how many times I’ve heard the “these will be X price come [insert season]” in the past year and half/two years for prices to peak 3 months out and stabilize. Barring a major shift in trends I see shadows following the same path as royals.

Back
Top Bottom